[Gatesedge] Re: Potential name change.

Kelly Rhodes corsair at concentric.net
Wed Jul 10 16:07:25 PDT 2002

Howdy all:

I may be kinda new around here, but I have to say that I love this place. I
am keeping my fingers crossed that the new shire will, finally, really,
include me in its boundaries. I can't imagine playing anywhere else.

Gate's Edge has a history that, IMO, it can be proud of. We've grown and
become stronger. The sheer breadth of talent, skill and knowledge evidenced
by our members never ceases to amaze me. We work like all heck and we get
things done--here and abroad. And somehow through it all,  we are a family
that sometimes disagrees, sometimes bickers--what family doesn't?--but
remains a family. A place a person can call *home*.

I have a deep fondness for Stargate, but I believe that we are now ready to
leave that nest and fly on our own. An independent entity, larger than
before, working alongside Stargate and all our other friends to make this
society better for everyone. I think we'll be a darn good shire. Someday, we
might even make one heckuva barony.

Call me a cockeyed optimist, but I think that it just might be possible to
come up with a new name that pays homage to our history, while still
reflecting all we are *now* and what we may yet become.

Maybe not. But I'd like to see the name suggestions our talented, creative,
knowledgable membership might offer.

One thing I do know, and it won't change: this place, whatever its name,
whatever its device...it's my home.

Thank you for your time.

the newly minted,
Lady Evelun
who's been wanting to sign herself that way all week!