[Gatesedge] Guardian of the Gate

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Sun Mar 3 18:40:46 PST 2002

Unto the Populace,

It has become the new year and it is time for us to begin to deliberate who
will be the next chosen member for our canton service award-The Guardians of
the Gate.  We, the present members of the Guardians, do at this time begin
to solicit suggestions from the populace.  You can make suggestions of
people to any or all Guardians of populace members that have served our
Canton in an outstanding manner.  Some of the criteria we use and have used
in the past is:

A consistant history of service to the Canton, including but not limited to
and certainly not exclusive of:

    a.  holding office or offices-past or present
    b.  autocrating or feastocrating or both events for the canton.
    c.  finding new and novel ways to serve the canton.
    d.  membership in the Canton for 3 or more years.
    e.  subscribing to the OTE
    f.  being a paid member of the SCA.
    g.  attendence at populace meetings and guild meetings.
    h.  being a guild principal.
    i. submissionof articles and/or artwork to the newsletter.
    j.  make by their behavior a clear statement of their care and love for
the populace and the well being of the canton.

When you wish to suggest someone to one of the Guardians, place your
candidate up to the above criteria.  The more of those they fill, the better
they are as a candidate for becoming a Guardian.

Who are the Guardians?  If memory serves me, these are the present members
of the Guardians of the Gate.

His Excellency, Baron Talmon Wilbanks of Twyce Holey Wood
HL Annes Clotilde Von Bamburg
HL Signy Gandalvsdottier
Lord Nicholaus Dimitriu Ho Toxhotes (living in Colorado)
Lady Caitlin nan Cnoc Airgead
Lady Simone Valery La Rousse
HL Fedelm ni Uhrir (founding member)
HL Fenris Twyrcross (founding member)
Lord Ian Mor

I must also mention out of respect for our history and the love I had for
her, Her Excellency, Baroness Adelicia Brabent, now gone from our midst but
never truely forgotten.

I believe I have named them all...but I'm sure someone will grump at me if I
forgot someone.  Grump away...I will deserve it if I forgot a fellow
Guardian.

The populace should approach any of us and make your suggestions.  We shall
discuss each candidate fully.
Until then, I remain...

In Service,
Annes