[Gatesedge] Star Wars

Dan Brandow dbrandow at concentric.net
Wed May 15 16:15:58 PDT 2002

Lodin wrote:

>Please excuse this non sca related posting.
>One last call for you folks who enjoy Star Wars...

There is no reason to apologize, Lodin.  Personally, I believe an SCA
group becomes more of a community when its people share interests
outside of the SCA.  It gives everyone more opportunities to meet people
in the rest of your group that you would normally not because of
conflicting interests.

Our Barony of Unser Hafen here in The Outlands uses our bandwidth to
schedule movie nights, and I've instituted post-revels for both archery
and fencing.  Each of these has brought the groups much closer together,
and everyone agrees that the barony is a much more fun place to be.

Now of course I really don't want to hear about the latest Star Wars
film *during* an event, and I certainly don't want this list to degrade
into a joke-of-the-day fiasco.  But giving your SCA communities more
opportunities to socialize in not a bad thing.

Nikolaos