[Gatesedge] Thank you all

pamela kendrick pkendrick at houston.rr.com
Sun Nov 24 06:44:20 PST 2002

Greetings friends

What can I say, but WELL DONE!

It was my great pleasure to provide feast for Cour de L'Amour on
Saturday evening.  I do hope those who ate enjoyed their meal!

I feel the need to thank the many kind gentles who worked so tirelessly
to feed our guests, without you I would be a bowl of jelly this morning.

m' lady Madeline Laurondeau, you helped me set-up the kitchen on Friday,
showed up early on Saturday, and spent your entire first event cooking.
I hope you will come play with us again, I promise not to make you work
all day.

M' lady Colleen and David, new comer and first timer, you helped prepare
the feast, then you helped serve the feast and after all your hard work
throughout the day, washed and dried the dishes.  You were amazing!

Lady Kathleen and m'lord Caedmon, you two also helped prepare feast and
turned around and helped to serve it.

m' lady Katherine, along with your friend (who's name I never caught),
chopped dates and figs while dodging dive bomber bees.  Thank you for
your bravery!

Lady Robin, you ALWAYS work hard.  You helped cook and then washed every
dish in the place!

Lord Heinrich, my rock, you peeled carrots and potatoes, chopped
vegetables, tended the fire, the meat and countless pots of things
needing to be stirred, then helped dry the dishes.  Thank you my love.

Lady Caitlin, Lord Tullus, Lady Sabine and Lord Hugh, you served head
table beautifully!  You all have my deepest gratitude.

Lord Bowen and Lady Serin, you helped serve feast even after you had
worked all day running the event.  Thank you so very much for your
unfailing help.

Lord Eadric, you serve a mean pitcher of soup, many thanks for the extra
help and the loan of the cooker.  Without it we would have been eating
frozen food!

Little Gwen, daughter of Lady Annailise (sorry for the mangled
spelling), you were wonderful!  You served the tea and water with great
expertise, and you served the dessert beautifully.  Thank you so much,
you are a great asset to our Barony!

Lady Natalia and Lord Mattius, thank you for checking in on me all day
to see to my needs and most especially for helping to dry those pesky
dishes at the end!  You are both very dear.

Finally, there were two ladies and a gentleman who were new comers whose
names I never heard.  They all worked very hard throughout the day
helping to prepare feast, serve feast and clean-up after feast.  I am
most grateful for you help, I wish I knew your names so that I could
thank you personally here.

Thank you all so very much for your efforts, I was honored to have such
wonderful help!

Lady Gisele de Bier (ex- feast steward)

Pour l'amour de Dieu, achetez douze-emballent du coke