[Gatesedge] Need some good energies

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Sun Oct 27 19:44:51 PST 2002

Dear everybody,

Friday, my mom fell twice at home.  Got banged up a bit, Dad got worried and took her to the hospital.  Seems she has suffered a small stroke.  Her left side has some weakness.  Now neither of my parents are young (Mom 86, Dad 82) and have been in poor health for over a decade.  Dad has had a stroke and is paralyzed on his left side; pacemaker, diabetic.  Mom has congestive heart failure and diabetes.  Both are living in an assisted living home.  They may send her home for therapy or they may have to keep her in the hospital.  My brother lives in Florida near them and keeps tabs and updates us over here.

The situation is this.  Neither are in good health and at this stage of their lives it is probably presumptuous and useless to beseech the higher powers to heal them.  I ask not for healing necessarily, but for strength for both to meet whatever may occur or continue to occur.  My father worries terribly over Mom and suffers some depression because of it.  He is positive Mom will lose her mind and doesn't know how he can care for her or afford to care for her.  Mom never seems to fully understand the extent of her disablities.  In her mind, she is still a strong vital woman who if Dad was the one to pass on would...in her words...get along just fine.  She doesn't "need help" she thinks...just everybody needs to quit fussing over her and leave her alone.  Dad may have a point.  Saturday night in the hospital, she decided to get out of bed to "go home" and promptly fell again.

To make a long sad story shorter, could everyone please keep them somewhere tucked in the back of their hearts for me?  Mom and Dad have been life-long Methodists and would welcome any prayers you might want to whisper for them.  I have a candle lit and will continue to send them whatever energy the Universe will let me send them.  And my brother who has been the real shoulder they have so sorely needed when the rest of the "kids" are thousands of miles away.

Thanks everybody.  I love you all very much.

Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen