[Gatesedge] Overdue Words

Natasha Storfer natashastorfer at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 12:10:28 PDT 2004

To the Populace of Gate's Edge,

My most profuse apologies!  I have been holding on to
something that should have been sent out long ago, yet
it had slipped my mind for some reason in all the
confusion in my life recently.  Seeing so many of you
Sunday brought it back to my mind.

But before I send it, I feel the need to add another
thank you to it.

Honored, humbled, awed...just just a bit describing
how I felt after becoming the latest Guardian of the
Gate and seeing the event video that was created for
me.  With my usual "wit" (I use the term loosely for
myself) right before the award was gifted to me I was
thinking..."Wow, this is going to be quite a
presentation of the video they made me of MSF...they
even asked two heralds (Annes and Snorri) and a
gentleman with a beautiful voice (Carluccio) to
present it to me"...and I was so sure of myself that I
voiced that I knew what was coming.  As soon as Annes
began speaking, that's when I really knew-and I was
working really hard not to bawl in from of everyone.
After seeing the video I was speehless (hard to
believe-I know) at everything you did for me.  It is
always nice to be honored, but it is a truly touching
and wonderful thing to be honored by those you love.
Thank you.

On to my original message...

Better late than never...or so the saying goes.  I
figure I did one thing three months ahead of schedule,
so a few things behind schedule will only even out to
par.

Wow...I've heard so many amazing things about
Midsummer Faire, and as you all know-it was thanks to
awesome coordinators and people who stepped up to the
plate at the last minute.  Every autocrat says that
the coordinators are the reason an event does so well,
this time the comment was beyond question.  Knowing
how hard everyone was working and what a great job
they would do gave me great peace of mind!

The invitations were beautiful!  They were designed
and created solely by the hand of Sabine.  If you have
not seen the work, you should!  I have the original at
my home, but will have copies made for our historian,
Annes and our Scribal guild.

Alden did a wonderful job with the Black Star ads.  In
addition, he kept me on my toes and on task with some
questions and pointers that I forgot all about (those
pesky details!)  The beautiful artwork on those ads
was done by his lovely wife.  I heard they dance
beautifully together.  Thank you both!

Aylwin and Klair of the Misty Vail created
extraordinary scrolls for all of the champions.  I
hope you were able to see them before they found their
homes-their work is always amazing!

Aylwin had the time consuming task of being in charge
of site tokens.  They turned out beautifully and ahead
of schedule ;)

Mattias did a great job with the feast tokens!  He was
right on schedule with his design and the finished
product.

Eric Greyfox came to all the workdays.  His hand can
be seen in most of the feast tokens and quite a few
site tokens!

I heard that Annes ran a smooth and quick set-up.
That takes organization and planning-which Annes has
in abundance!  Many thanks to Annes and her crew!

Fiametta's work was spectacular!  So many people told
me of her talented and skillful ways of hiding and
enhancing all that needed it.  Fiametta-you are a
beautiful treasure!

Serin-thank you so much for running a smooth Gate!
>From the beginning you were organized, ahead of
schedule and prepared with people and supplies.  You
contributed so much to the event and my peace of mind.

Children's Activities was handled beautifully by
Lillian.  The youngsters were able to have a bit of
time away from mom and dad learning and enjoying it.
Thank you Lillian!

I heard that feast was amazing thanks to
Carluccio!-Many people mentioned how great it was
before telling be about any other part of the event-so
I know what a positive impression it made. Thank you
Carluccio for tantalizing our palettes!

Feast Servers did a great job handling the food, and
Caitlin did a great job handling them!  Everyone was
feed warm and tasty food with a smile.

I heard how fast and efficient take-down was.  Thank
you so much Bowin for making this possible!  I'm sure
the group associated with the site was happy for the
sweeping, mopping and other clean-up.

Aylwin and John came forward when I found out that I
wouldn't be able to make the event.  They were
wonderful-getting all the last minute details
completed and being great "fire fighters" at the
event!

HE Lissa once again graced us with her presence and
ran a beautiful court.  She always brings elegance and
fun to the events she attends.  Thank you so much for
presiding over our MidSummer Faire!

Allisstassia's talent for handling prizes defiantly
showed at this event!  She was prepared so far in
advance that I knew I had nothing to be concerned with
and everything she showed me before the event made me
envious of the champions ;)

The wit and charm of La Belle Mere brings joy wherever
she goes, and luckily for all those there she decided
to grace MidSummer Faire with her presence! Once again
she made witty comments and beautiful music that
entertained and enlightened!  Thank You!

Throughout the event planning I had two people helping
me to get my act together and help me understand what
I was really getting into.  Brian was my listed mentor
with my bid-and he coached me through a great deal of
"firsts"! Alden became a very important voice of
reason, inspiration and information during the whole
process and kept me on track with his timely comments.

Thank you to everyone!  I'm sure I've missed someone
in this list-for although it is long the people with a
serving heart in this Shire are many!  Thank you so
much for being my SCA family.

In Service,
Natalia Auvert
The Absent Autocrat