[Gatesedge] packing at Shanahan's

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 16:24:48 PDT 2004

Annes said:
> Hillary,
> Thank you so much for helping organize this. As you know, I had to attend
> Round Table. Please post how the day went and if there will be another "help
> needed" day.
> Annes

Annes, et all,
Kathri and I headed out to Shanahan's last Saturday to deliver boxes and pack.  We made a tiny
dent in the packing, got some fabric and china packed, got the back porch cleared off to be able
to open the door for easier access; and I delivered some boxes to a storeroom at Gueneviere's
farm.

Gueneviere (Diane of Camelot Horses) delivered a furniture trailer, and there are some packing
boxes stored in it to use.  I left Shanahan more packing tape and magic markers to label boxes.
She definately needs more packers/folks to donate time if this is going to happen at all.

Please call Shanahan if you are able to assist and coordinate a time to go out there.  I recommend
you wear cool clothes, while she has A/C, going in and out can be hot.  Also if you have extra
packing boxes, please take them.  Be sure to label all the boxes packed, so she will know later
how to sort.

I left Lemonade mix and a thermos out there if you want to mix up drinks, but I recommend taking
bottled water, ice and any lunch you may want. There is an ice chest to store the ice you take.

Bowen has offered that once the small trailer is filled, he can store the boxes at his work.  So,
if you see it getting full, please contact him to arrange pickup.    Trash from the house must be
deposited at the development trash dumpsters, so please do that as you leave from your day of
packing as Shanahan may not be able to take it, due to health.  There is no curbside trash pickup.

I will not be able to head out there again till after Laurel's Prize Tourney, so please everyone
pick a weekend and head out there to help.  If you need directions, let me know and I'll e-mail
them to you.  Call Shanahan before heading out, please (number below).

Thanks, Hillary

    281-639-0452