[Gatesedge] saying HI

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Fri Jul 2 07:57:16 PDT 2004

Giselle wrote:

  <<snip>>

  Well it seems like this list is really slow ...

  HHi Giselle and all,

  Hmmm...It won't let me do tahoma...anyway, this is Annes. Yes the list is slow. I haven't been posting because Im so busy with the Argent Museum. Probably lots of folks are in the same boat.

  I realized the other day that I neglected something so very important. I have been so very busy that I forgot to thank my wonderful Shire for all their help in setting up and running such a wonderful event this last weekend. My apolgies to all. Everyone was incredible. The A&S was beautiful, the Bardic was awesome, Rapier was so well organized and fun to watch, Dance was as graceful as anyone could want. Carluccio and crew put together one of the best feasts I've had in a long time. Thank you, thank you, thank you to each and every one of my wonderful family. Without the efforts of each of you coming together to make sure that Tasha could be made proud and not have to worry about anyone except Lillian, the event could have been disasterous. Once again, I am reminded how I am surrounded by one of the most incredible, talented, awesome groups of people in the known world. I wish I could hug each and every one of you. I'm sure I will get the chance someday soon.

  On a different note, I'd like to let the Shire know that I have been working diligently on our History for display in the museum. The last 2 days, I have looked thru, collated and placed in albums, over 600 (!) pictures that were in our collection. Everything from pictures from Hector II and Rowan II King Champion in 1988 to SCA 30th year in 1996.

  However, we have no pictures in our history past 1996. I would like to appeal to you to look thru your collections and make copies or consider giving copies to our History.

  Giselle, I know you posted a URL of pictures from MSF. How can I get copies?

  I love each and every one of you more than you can know. I have been involved and watched our canton, now shire, grow from a group of 8 to the proud talented group it is now. I have seen it thru all of its ups and downs, at times wondering if we would make it another year and then next wondering when we would ask for principality status!!! (Only mostly joking there) I can't wait to see what incredible things my Gatesedge family will do next.

  Love,

  Annes

  Dear God,  Help me to be the person
  my dog thinks I am.  Amen