[Gatesedge] Re: [Hou-announce] Stir up the Ansteorrans to Merriments--MidsummerFaire

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Sun Jun 20 05:11:53 PDT 2004

egrayfox wrote:

>It was asked of me to place an ad on the graywood website for the
>Shire of Gatesedge, and that is what I have done!  Strangely the
>official website was not available at the time of me posting the
>webpage that is listed.

>From: "Lisabetta" <coastal_scribe at ansteorra.org>
>Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:09:14 -0500 (CDT)
>

>>>For Directions or Further information on Midsummer Faire XV
>>>

>visit our
>

>>>website at http://graywood.ansteorra.org/midsummer-faire-
>>>

>Gateedge.html
>

>>i don't have my blackstar with me but which site was publish in
>>

>the
>

>>blackstar. If the one that I was requested was not published then
>>

>I will
>

>>take it down since GE is posting this url...
>>
>>just let me know
>>
>>thanks
>>betta

OK. for what it's worth I am the vscribe for Gates Edge and one of the
kingdom vscribes..  I am well known to everyone in the Shire and my
email address, postal address, and phone number, are published in every
Black Star as well as via the kingdom and Gates Edge web pages so I am
not hard to get ahold of .  I never recieved any requests to publish or
link to any web pages for Midsummer Faire and anyone who wanted to get
in touch with me could have.  I have not heard a peep from
autocrat/seneschal/officer on this matter.

If someone wants to have Lord Eric develope/post a web page that's
great.  He is both a capable and a hard working man.  He, as the vscribe
for Graywood, and the offiicers and populace of that shire, for the most
part the only people have any say over what can be published at that
URL/domain referenced.   As long as they do not violate the SCA
corporate web publishing guidelines I or Betta, or anyone else have no
right to complain.  An officer of Gates Edge could reasonbly ask him not
to post a web page that claimed to represent thes shire.

On the other hand, if  an autocrat or officer of Gates Edge needs a
document published or linked to for the Gates Edge subdomian all they
have to do is ask.  Heck, when you have a document ready and I dont have
to develop anything it is so easy.

On the other hand ask me to post/link something that clearly does not
meet the SCA publishing guidelines and I will not link to or publish it
regardless of who you are or what it is.

Martin/Eric thank you for always being ready to help however you can.  I
think I have known you for at least 15 years nows in in that time I have
NEVER have cause to doubt you intentions.

I regret that I have not made the populace meetings in the last two
months due to other commitments.  I also regret that my duties as a
Kingdom Offfcer will mean that I can not be at  Midsummer Faire because
I am called elsewhere to an on-calendar event.  Trust me, I had much
rather be with my Gates Edge family, eating Carluccios excellent feast
and making merry with my local family at Midsummer Faire.

Regards,

--

Arcus Eadric Anstapa
Ansteorra