[Gatesedge] Populace Minutes Delayed

Natasha Storfer natashastorfer at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 17:03:07 PDT 2005

To the populace of Gate's Edge,

My apologies for the delay in the Meeting Minutes.
They are below.

Newcomers
Bob.  He’s interested in rapier. If you see him, make
sure to say “hi”!

Word Fame
Maria contacted all the names she received through the
LOR event very quickly!
Coronation-a local (to the Houston area) king stepped
down (Ulsted the Unsteady) and a local (to the Houston
area) king stepped up ( His Majesty Jason MacPherson)
Honorable Lady Annes is now a member of the Order of
the Pelican
Lord Carluttio is the Royal Huntsman
Centurian Ysfael won King’s Champion

Message from the Seneschal
Received the current membership count.  Last year we
were at 64 registered members and we are currently at
57.  If you have accidentally let your membership
expire, please remember to renew it.  It is not
required to have a membership to play, but it is nice
to avoid the $3 gate fee and have the option to run
for an office.  It was requested that we get the names
of those member registered from 2004, Eadric
volunteered for this, and the names for 2005, Natalia
volunteered for this (and I did this Wednesday-I have
them), so those people we have lost mat be contacted,
Maria volunteered for this.

Queens Champion
At Camp Camwood
Setup starts at noon the Friday before (Maria
volunteered for setup)
Royal pavilion will be there.  Holes will need to be
dug for list poles and the fighting area will need to
be mowed.
*off topic Camp Camwood is getting busier-mainly in
the spring and fall
Pavillions were designated for: (Brian’s tents for
misting and list mistress) (Caitlin’s popup for troll
and ?)
Tables-Annes has 1 (gate) and Cailin has plastic Maria
needs one of Eadric’s tables for the newcomer’s
pavilion
Will be giving out bags for trash-people responsible
for their own
Aylwin doing site tokens
There is enough rope for the list poles.
List will be by flag pole
RP will back up to lake all others on other three
sides.
Menu:grilled chicken, cold salads and pasta type
things. Tavern on far end Bronguar is making a banner
for it.  Will be served tavern style.  Has talked to
Kat and Gerald about providing ambiance/singing in
tavern.
Alden has three heralds, so if you want to volunteer,
let Alden know.
3 merchants are planning on being there.
Maria is the nasty-crat and plans on setting up a
clean-up/hand washing area near privies.
The gentleman who provided ice for the Stargate event
has offered to let us have an ice machine on site.
Hospitality table will be set up in the morning
Giavanna will be doing water bearing from main
pavilion. Eadric will bring the coolers Sat. morning.
Don Modius is list master.
Gaurdian of the Queen’s hope will be inserted between
Lady Julianna and Honorable Lady Claire will be taking
care of that.
Saereid gave out invitations to the order of the white
scarf to those that were at coronation
We will be trying to create a gift/basket for Saereid
from Gate’s Edge since we did not have one for
coronation (largess for Pennsic would be nice)

Newcomers classes
Wednesday - Thursday of 7/13&14, 7/20&21
In conjunction with Stargate, Loch and all groups in
the area are aware of the classes (Ravensfort,
Boardermarch)
(7/14 is cancelled due to power outage)
July 20-SCA 101, Bardic, Your first Event
July 21-Archery, Equestrian, Coronets & Awards
There will be examples, books, etc. but no hands-on
demonstration

Fall Event/Harvest Faire
We have the site
It will be at Camp Camwood
The Blackstar add will be turned in before the end of
July so that it will be in the September Blackstar
Meetings and planning will be more thorough after
Queen’s Champion
Brian is in charge of Rapier
Tora is in charge of armored combat
Baron Talomon is in charge of archery, with the
assistance of Lord Leofrick and Lord Patrick
Carluttio is in charge of feast
Lord Pixley will be coordinating heraldry.
Armored combat and rapier on the same field, one after
the other with each getting the same amount of time.
Opening court: announcements then everything should
start within 20 min.
Youth rapier will start immediately
Tournaments will be short and a basic “best-of”
Championships: Rapier, Bardic, A&S, Archery, Heavy
Armored Combat, Children’s, and Overall

Fighter practices are Thursday nights at 7pm and
Sundays at 4pm to Meyer park on the South side of the
park.

The next archery practices are July 23rd, August 13th
and September 3rd.

Until September the Scribal guild will change
locations to:
4810 Theall
Houston, TX 77066
(281) 580-2060
This is temerary until the summer programs are over at
the church we use.
Please let me know if you have any questions or
concerns.

In Service,
Lady Natalia Auvert
Seneschal