[Gatesedge] Fwd: [AI_s] SCA Support Group for those with Chronic Illness / Chronic Pain

Racheal racheal.no.ansteorra at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 18:36:13 PDT 2006

Greetings all

At the July meeting, I mentioned that I am now the House Head for the Guild
of St. Camillus de Lellis.  I had also mentioned that there is an email list
for those that would be interested in joining.  You do not have to be a
member of this email list to be part of the Guild.  You do not have to be a
member of the Guild to be a member of this list.

If you do suffer from any of the items listed below, please join in.  We are
somewhat a lively group.  Several ladies do research for us on various
topics then share what they have found with the group.  It can be
interesting.  There have been several topics that I didn't even know what it
was until they explained it.  We all share with the group as to what our
feelings are regarding various topics.

Please check it out.  If you are interested in having your name listed as
being a member of the Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, please let me know.

Thank you,
Racheal

This List  is a peer support group for folk who live with Auto immune /
Connective tissue disorders/ Fibromyalgia/ Crohn's disease /Rheumatic
disorders/ Arthritis [all types]/ Collagen Vascular disorders/ RSD/ MS/
Carpal tunnel/ minimal brain injuries/ diabetes/Heart diseases breathing
disorders/blood disorders/ all chronic, intractable physical illnesses and
Chronic Pain syndromes. Some of the people in this group participate in The
SCA, various Renn Faires and other historical groups. Although you don't
have to be active in any of these areas to join this group. The group is
first and foremost for those with chronic illnesses and their support folk..

It's a place to share tips and tricks for getting through the day. It's also
a place to get support [ hard to come by in the everyday world and, sadly
sometimes in our various "societies" too.] as well as a place to learn more
about these various conditions from others who live with them and from links
to national associations for these disorders.

While this group is here for those with the disorders, it is also here for
the loved ones, friends and family of people with these disorders as well.
In my humble experience, those who support us suffer less anxiety and
frustration with more information... and I wish it to be a place that will
allow them to share their burdens as well, hopefully helping to reduce
"caregiver burnout" , and thereby aiding them to continue aiding us down our
sometimes rocky paths to a "happily ever after".

--
Lady Racheal no Ansteorra
mka Cherish Robinson