[Gatesedge] Last Minute Things Related To May 8th Demo @ Library

Ciarnat Ciarnat at consolidated.net
Thu May 6 12:44:52 PDT 2010

SCA Sisters & Brothers,

     I spoke on the phone with our library contact, Jane.  She answered the
following questions that were on my mind and having to do with the demo on
May 8, 2010 at 12 PM at the Library located at 500 McKinney St. in Houston:

    1.  Will there be a problem with getting to the library as the Art Car
Parade will start at 1 PM on the same day?

     No, just DO NOT drive on Allen Parkway to get to the library.

    2.  Where do the SCAers need to park?

     In the parking garage near the library.  Please bring your parking stub
into the library, the staff will "validate" them, thus we park free of
charge.

     (If you have many items to unpack from your car, you can unload on the

    Please be at the demo by 11:40 AM for setting up things like tables,
hanging banners, arranging a static display of period items, setting up your
artisan display, etc.   Tables will be provided by the library.

    Also, as per Jane's request:  Modest clothing to be worn by all SCAers
as this is a public building with children in attendance.

                                                              Okay, unless
an emergency phone call comes from Jane,  this is the final note that will
be sent about the demo.

                                 In Service,

                                 Ciarnat

  All meaningful change begins with the right aspirations--Ken Yamashita