[Gatesedge] Fw: [Coastal] GE Fighter Practice CANCELLED

Daniel Flores dpf1973 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 5 09:02:44 PDT 2011

Howdy all,

Short version:
I would like the practice to go forward.  I'm the new fighter wanting to get
time in, I've trained in worse conditions and know how to hydrate properly
and take breaks.  If we get geared up and are ready to go at 10am... there
is no reason we can't get a couple of hours in at least.

Long version:
Looking at weather underground, the prospective temps for August 7th,
Sunday, are the following:

1000 - 34% cloud cover, 55% humidity, and median temp of 81deg.
1300 - 35% cloud cover, 40% humidity, and median temp of 82.5deg.

Being a former Jarhead... these conditions are well within safe training

Discretion required in planning heavy exercise for unacclimated personnel.
This is a marginal heat stress limit for all personnel.
Strenuous exercise and activity should be curtailed for new and unacclimated
personnel during the first 3 weeks of heat exposure.

Assuming that water is on-hand, we have all lived here for three weeks, we
take consistent breaks, and we pack it up around noon-ish... I don't see a


-----Original Message-----
From: georgeslebreton at yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 15:18:29 
To: Darlene Burns<annescvb at gmail.com>
Reply-To: georgeslebreton at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Gatesedge] [Coastal]  GE Fighter Practice CANCELLED

I understand his concern, the heat is a big issue to folks who are not in it
all day. I also looked at the forecast for sunday and saw a high of 102 but
that will come about 3:00 well after the fighting is over. It will be in the
90's at 10 when we start, our spot is well shaded, and people want to fight.
It is the fighters choice to take the field. All that being said, I would
support the canceled practice if fighters were unwilling or uncomfortable
fighting, that does not look to be the case. We have several new or
returning fighters who are starting to look to this practice as a "go to"
practice, we have momentum, we have interested fighters. Please let the
populace know a final decision as soon as possible as people are considering
driving from as far as Huntsville to come. 


Sent from my BlackBerry(r) smartphone with SprintSpeed

-----Original Message-----
From: Darlene Burns <annescvb at gmail.com>
Sender: gatesedge-bounces+georgeslebreton=yahoo.com at lists.ansteorra.org
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 10:08:07 
To: Coastal Region of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.<coastal at lists.ansteorra.org>;
Stargate<stargate at lists.ansteorra.org>;
Gatesedge<gatesedge at lists.ansteorra.org>; <shadowlandssca at yahoogroups.com>;
Loch Soilleir Announcements<loch-soilleir at lists.ansteorra.org>;
RF<ravensfort at lists.ansteorra.org>; Barony
Bordermarch<bordermarch at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Gatesedge] [Coastal]  GE Fighter Practice CANCELLED

Gatesedge mailing list
Gatesedge at lists.ansteorra.org
Gatesedge mailing list
Gatesedge at lists.ansteorra.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 5320 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.ansteorra.org/pipermail/gatesedge-ansteorra.org/attachments/20110805/93739319/attachment.bin>

More information about the Gatesedge mailing list