[Gatesedge] Pillars of the Earth party

Pamela D. Kendrick pkendrick at kendrick.dyndns.info
Tue Sep 18 08:20:45 PDT 2012

Greetings Shirelings!

We are going to have a Pillars of the Earth watching party on Oct. 13th
(see calendar for directions).  This will be a garbed feasting event,
bring your feast gear (and may a camp chair).  I will ask couples to
bring a meat or cheese dish and singles to bring a vegetable or bread
item.  I would like to keep a Medieval theme to the foods if possible
(roast chicken, small hams, small roasts, whole loaves of bread, roasted
vegetables, etc...)  I believe I can drag enough tables into my dining
room so that we can all sit feast style (we may be "friendly" close)

After feasting to our hearts content we will watch the first 2 episodes
of the miniseries "Pillars of the Earth" based on a most excellent novel
by Ken Follet.  If you haven't read the book (I can't blame you if you
haven't it's almost a 1000 pages long and I don't know many who can
commit to that kind of time  J)  The casting looks superb and if you
google it you can check out the trailer.

Please favor me by RSVPing with whatever food you wish to bring so I can
have an idea of what we are in need of in case anyone wants to come last
minute.

Yours in service,

Gisele