[Gatesedge] Report on Round Table

Darlene Burns annescvb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 06:10:37 PDT 2015

Copied verbatum from Facebook per kingdom policy

Okay...Round Table...Things to know-And there are LOTS of them...And some
are VERY IMPORTANT...

1. Waivers for any event, practice, demo or anything you have to have folk
sign waivers for...are now due **10 DAYS** after the event to the waiver
secretary. That was the big news of the day.

2. At the open GOofS meeting, Her Majesty urged that people do recommend
folk for awards. She said they had only 10 award recs this week and
normally get 4 times that amount. She said not to be intimidated by the
form...fill in as much as you can, She said the only things that *HAD* to
be there was your name and a way to contact you and your best guess at the
spelling of their SCA name. She also said that if you just don't like the
form, email them. If you don't have email, call them. If you don't have a
phone, send them a letter. They really want award recs!!!

3. Elsa, Kingdom Exchequer, had a check for Gate's Edge (I don't know for
what) which I failed to pick up. Sorry Pamela
<https://www.facebook.com/pamela.buchanankendrick>...you might want to ask
her about it.

4. The new kingdom webminister, Duchess Gwen, is going to be working on
updating and changing the Ansteorra website to make it more user friendly
and appealing. She has had 200 people respond to her survey about it. If
you haven't seen it or taken her survey, I will post the link in the first
comment below.

5. The new earl marshal, HG Sir John Paul de Sens, and the kingdom rapier
marshal, HE Don Avery Shaw, were both very helpful in resolving our issues
with reporting. On the urging of JP, we tried the online reporting system
again which had refused to take reports for us for (mumble mumble) months.
Don't know what HG had done to the site but it worked for us again! Yay! As
far as we know, we are all caught up on our marshalate reporting. Miracles
never cease.

6. Croaker, the new waiver secretary, should now also have all of the
marshal's waiver reports. Our event should now be in fine shape.

7. My class as historian went very well with 6 attending.

8. At the open GOofS meeting and in almost every class I took, it was said
that by the end of this year, ALL officers at EVERY level were to stop
using their personal emails for society business and get a @ansteorra.org
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fansteorra.org%2F&h=GAQFUnvGD&enc=AZPjRv3Go3-Jzm8r13Wq33mfJF-uiSxwbpFZlVKnARgmShGvBFNwNoZqdN3N4w9qOSwCkHZGrghAiy1xF2ugdCa8oDbZNWPDf0h0pmQJEz5d3oVKPX7ZEqSW1q0FO4Awi41VRZm9sF30d1S5ad10fKIP1GnxXE1DQ14Eo9tedU7ySA&s=1>
email
address from Kingdom. I think most of us are good on that but I need to
check about the chatelain's position.

10. At the open GOofS meeting it was emphasised over and over that FACEBOOK
IS NOT AN OFFICIAL MEANS OF COMMUNICATION. Kingdom Seneschal, Don Brian
O'Ullium, said that FB is fine for getting the word out on something but it
MUST be also posted to the legal means of communication such as the
ansteorra email lists and the newsletter. He also said that if you post
something on FB in an official capacity as an officer, be sure to sign it
with your position and name such as "Annes, Shire Chatelain". That being
said, once I finish composing this here...I will copy and paste it in an
email to our mailing list.

11. Events posted to facebook which are not included in posts to the legal
means of communication such as practices, events and guild meetings, are
not following policy and may not be covered by liability (My interpretation
of what was said about postings. We need to ask Don Brian about that.) If
so and my interpretation is correct, we need to be very careful to make
sure it gets posted to our Gate's Edge mailing list.

12. There is a new social media person but I don't remember who. Dang it.
I'll try to remember to ask Don Brian and post it later.

This is all I'm remembering at the moment. I may edit this later with
additional information.
Darlene Burns <https://www.facebook.com/annescvb>, Shire
Chatelain...reporting on the June 18th Round Table in Denton Texas

Duchess Gwen's Survey link
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2233340/User-Survey-of-Ansteorra-org

"Munerius Ultra Sanitas"