GL - Glaslyn's upcoming Mini-tournament

ladylavina ladylavina at email.com
Fri Feb 18 09:58:22 PST 2000

Greetings from Glaslyn:

Glaslyn will be hosting a A&S mini-tournament and 11 classes.  Following are the details and agenda for the event.

WHEN: Saturday, February 26
WHERE: St. David's Episcopal Church
       623 Ector Street
       Denton, Texas

(Directions - Take your best route to I-35 North. When I-35E and I-35W meet, follow the route to Oklahoma. Take the 380 (University Drive) exit and go East. Turn right on Ector Street. The church is on the right).

TIME: Site opens at 10:00 a.m. and  closes at 6:00 p.m.
THEME: Regalia.  There will be 2 prizes will be for each level:  beginner, intermediate and advanced.  Plus there will be a grand prize award given for the best overall.

All regalia entered will be donated to the crown.

The agenda for the event is as follows:

10:00	Site opens/Artisans set up displays

11:00	Medicinal Herbalism - Suzanna the Herbalist
	Beginning English Country Dancing - Lady Capricai
	Judging Begins

12:00	Potluck Sideboard Lunch - The Canton will provided the following:  Fried Turkey, various breads, butters, cookies and non-alcoholic drinks.  Everyone is asked to bring a side dish of some sort (does not need to be period).

1:00	Needlework Class - HL Rosalia O'Brogan
	Dance Class on Bransles, Pavannes, Almans - Lady Capricia
	SCA Drinkables 101 - Lady Magdalena
	Judging Continues

2:00	A&S Displaying and Documentation 101 - HL Darius of the Bells
	Peasant Dances - Lady Capricia
	Judging Continues

3:00	Basic Performance 101 - HL Darius of the Bells
	"Intermediate" English Country Dancing - Lady Capricia
	Judging Ends

4:00	Awards Presentation/Site Clean-up

6:00	Site closes - we must vacate the premises.

In addition to the classes listed above, Lady Ceinwen will hold an all day Scribes & Illumination class.

Also, sometime during the day there will be a class on Field Heraldry.

Site Fee:  There is no site fee.  However, donations will gladly be accepted at the door.

Steward:
Centurion Airaklee Wolf
(Doug Turnage)
e-mail:  wolf77777 at juno.com