GL - Costuming

M. Peet ceinwenswan at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 09:11:27 PST 2001

> > I have several shades of purple linen
> > to work with.  I could possibly do a nice fitted kirtle in the lightest
> > shade, a bliaut, tunic or cotehardie in a darker shade and then the
>short
> > tunic with the silk.  Sound plausible?  Would it fit at all in my period
>or
> > be considered general SCA wear?
>
>Once you cover the cotehardie (or bliaut) w/ a shorter tunic, it would look
>like
>the typical (if very full) Norman tunic from the hips down.  It would be an
>SCA
>version of the look, but I don't see any reason why you shouldn't do it
>that
>way.  I'm a firm believer that wardrobes should be mix & match.
>---------
Excuse me....but I must interject here.  A bliaut, tunic and cotehardie are
all in different time frames.  What period time/place is your persona and I
can help you?
And....a cotehardie and bliaut are two totally different styles, not
interchangeable and is not even close to a Norman style garb.
Ladies, if you have questions, please e-mail me privately.
In service,
Ceinwen