GL - ST - Another evil website (fwd)

Susan Carol Tribble susant at unt.edu
Wed Mar 14 15:02:05 PST 2001

Sebastian and Magdelana:

Check this out.

Lavina

_______________________________

***ladylavina at email.com***
           or
***susant at unt.edu***
_______________________________

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:17:31 -0500 (EST)
From: Morgan Cain <morgancain at earthlink.net>
To: calontir at unl.edu
Cc: steppes at ansteorra.org
Subject: ST - Another evil website

The things I stumble on while looking elsewhere.....

              http://www.tavolo.com

This is a cookware and etc. site that has a wonderful clearance area.  I have not ordered from them but am about to, especially the spices.  Yes, I know spices lose their strength with age, but getting cardamom at one-fifth the usual price, and hard-to-locate-in-Ansteorra items such as shiso and sansho and asafoetida (whole and crushed) and sumac; they also have galingal and cubebs.  Friends who indulge in The Bean are getting coffee bean bags, and a friend who loves to cook and has a comet on his arms is about to get a mold in that shape.  As a side note, the Spanish Paprika is, for unexplained reasons, in the "other" category instead of "spices N-Z."

I'll report back after the order arrives.

                        ---= Morgan
"I've spent nearly as much time trying to understand
 the strange appeal of summer camp as the appeal of
 a talking mouse who favors red shorts. Quite frankly,
 I'm still stumped about the mouse."
          --= Walt Disney Co. chairman Michael Eisner