GL - The Event

Theresa Wyatt teebyrd at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 29 20:32:52 PST 2001

Scot and Michelle Henry wrote:

> Had we actually made a decision on those (the sashes)?
>
> I haven't heard if the feathers have been ordered yet or not, so don't be
> heartbroken if they cannot be done this A&S.  However, I was wondering about
> invitation scrolls.  I know the royals have been asked, but would it be
> possible/desirable to send paper invitations as well.  I've heard this is a
> typical way to do things.

    Great point Capricia.

> I'm still experimenting with marbling paper, but
> I think my construction paper results are not yet good enough for such
> things.  I would however be willing to either design something on the
> computer or attempt to help at hand-designing something.  Admittedly, there
> are several others that would do a much better job than I if they have time
> and are willing.  This may be a better pursuit for this coming Monday.  What
> do you artisans and our hard-working autocrat think?

    Time is short and we need to do what works fast.

> Also, are we going to attempt to finish the bird banner before the event?  I
> could work on it here if need be.  Or dedicate a couple of Monday nights at
> Lavina's to it.  I think now that it's been made color-by-word, it should go
> fairly quickly.  Lavina, will it need two coats or will one be enough?  What
> else needs to be done to finish it off once it's painted?  I assume we need
> others as well, so I should finish up my pair of griffins.  Do we have poles
> to put these banners on since we'll be outside?  If not, how would we go
> about making such things?  I should learn that anyway I suppose - anyone
> know?

    HL Ceinwen has some wonderful pole that she has designed for her    banners.
My Lady, can you share with us the secret of your standing
    poles ?

> I'm sort of obligated to stay in one place since I'll be running the list,
> but depending on how early children's activities start, how late they and
> the lists run, I could teach the children some simple dances.

    Capricia, simple dances are great for the children and will give them
some time to burn off energy. Along with the horseshoes, and the dragon
    march they may all fall asleep before the sun sets. Okay I can hope.

       to make dipped candles.

        Older children will like this and the adults may like this too.
        I have some beeswax wraps that the younger ones can do.

> See what happens when everyone is too sick, busy, hurt and tired to come to
> dance  - Capricia becomes inquisitive (okay, it probably doesn't hurt that I
> haven't slept much this week - I'm teaching my children about the
> Renaissance instead of the "regular curriculum" - it's been fun, but
> exhausting.

    A wonderful teacher !!!! I hope your students parents realize how blessed
they are.

    Lavina, has some great ideas for the children activities I think we should
use.
        With all the talent in our canton, the Glaslyn event could become a
favorite for
    the adults and children.