GL - Children's Activities at our event

Susan Carol Tribble susant at unt.edu
Thu Mar 29 14:29:39 PST 2001

I am hosting A&S night on Monday.  Bring your ideas for Children's
Activities and we can brainstorm over that while working on site tokens -
providing everything is in.

Joan, as far as I am concerned, Chidren's Activities is yours.  I vote we
break it into shifts.  I have some thoughts.  We will discuss this more
later.

Lavina

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Theresa Wyatt wrote:

> Lavina,
>
> A great idea, I think the kids would love it. Dakota is sticker crazy.
> Also the paper mache dragon is a good one. Are you hosting
> A&S night on Monday ? Maybe everyone can bounce ideas,
> and we can make the event just as fun for the kids as the adults.
> If not duct tape them to the trees. <g>
> Thanks for your help. Urg...Herries, everyone, is it okay
> I run the kids activities or does someone else want that
> pleasure, or we could break in down into shifts ?
>
> Joan
>

> Susan Carol Tribble wrote:
>
> > I have a suggestion for children's activities at our event.  I saw this
> > done at Emerald Keep last year.
> >
> > Basically, the children have a choice of a variety of activities.  The
> > children can participate in all, or none of the activities offered.
> >
> > At the beginning of the event, each child is provided with a certificate.
> > For every activity that the child participates in, they get a sticker on
> > the back that matches that particular activity (the "period toys" sticker
> > had some balls on it).
> >
> > At the end of the event, the children that paricipated in all of the
> > activities got a special "prize".
> >
> > We would need to work out the details on types of activities, and the
> > rules for earning a sticker (i.e. the child couldn't just show up for 5
> > minutes, get a sticker and leave).
> >
> > I have suggestions on various activities.  Any thoughts, ideas,
> > suggestions?
> >
> > Lavina

***ladylavina at email.com***
           or