[Glaslyn] Baby update

Chiara chiara at io.com
Sun May 27 21:19:42 PDT 2001

Howdy all and thank you for your words of kindness and love! :)

Yesterday William finally opened his eyes and they took him off the
respirator. He is now breathing on his own but still unable to feed on his
own. I was finally able to hold him and it was a moment in time that lasted
in my mind forever, time totally stopped.

He is still enclosed in an incubator but I can hold him for a few minutes
every 4 hours when they have to do his assessments. They expect that he will
be strong enough to feed without help in a week and he may come home in two
weeks.

I am fine. Easily exhausted as I am scrambling like crazy to get the house
organized and ready for him to come home. (Major thanks to Lady Francesca!!)
We thought we had 5 more weeks to go.

Turns out that he was actually 7 weeks early when all the assessments were
done and tests were run. But his body weight is perfect for one so early and
is a very good sign that all will be well.

Keep lighting those candles and praying those prayers, they are working! :)

Sincerely,
Franchesca Havas
McKinney, Texas