[Glaslyn] Defender of the Flame

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:29:46 PDT 2001

Wesath ge hal!

    Last night at populace, I had mentioned starting now to look for dates
for our Defender fighting event.  May is pretty packed locally, I believe,
but I did check the unofficial kingdom calendar and in April, I thought
these might be considered:

12-14 Hero of the Temple - Tempio (Temple, TX)
            (15th - Tax Day)

19-21 Bordermarch Baronial - Bordermarch (Beaumont, TX)
      Highland Games II: The Clan Wars - Ffynnon Gath (San Marcos, TX)

  Tempio is close, but in the Southern Region still and there are no
Northern events that weekend so we could pull well locally and from our
North.  However it is the weekend after Elfsea Spring Fair.  Do we want it
that close to a big baronial event?

   The second weekend is way too the south in both cases, but I seem to
recall Bordermarch Baronial being a big draw.

   I was just curious as to what others might think.  I know it seems long
off, but getting it set early could help shore up attendance.  Besides the
early we get going the less cramming there is.

Godspeed,
Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding Wulfricinga