[Glaslyn] After 12 Night, what then? Sing, Sing, Sing!

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:36:40 PST 2002

Greetings! Wassail! Bonne Année, and Prospero Año !

Gee, the holidays will be over, New Years has passed and Twelfth Night will
be over.  My goodness!  What to do, what to do?  Well, want to be prepared
for the Bardic fires at Queen’s Champion and Border Wars?  Alrighty, then!
We have just the thing for you !!!!

                        Steppes Sing-Along Bardic!

On January 11th, we will have a special bardic for those of us who have
forgotten the words and the tunes to some of those wonderful sing-alongs
that we used to sing around the fire.  (NEWCOMERS:  This is a great
opportunity for you to get into the musical aspect of the Society.)  Thanks
to Sir Miguel, who sang at our campfire (and at the Draugr fire) at Fall
Court, I realized just how much I have missed hearing and singing those old
songs here in the Steppes.  What happened?  Did we forget the words?  Have
we lost our talent?  Where are our bards?  Well, to “fire” things up a bit,
I am coordinating the first STEPPES SING-ALONG BARDIC this month, along with
Sir Miguel and m’lady Clare, which will take place in Richardson on Friday,
January 11th, 7:30 PM.  Noble and Donna Field have graciously offered their
home for this event.  Please help out the hostess by bringing munchies or
soft drinks.   Musical instruments are welcome!  Also, there will be a
piano, but, alas, no pianist, so we are putting out a request for someone
who might be able to twinkle the keys a little.  Everyone attending will be
given pages to the songs that will be practiced at the sing-along.  This
will start you on your way to building your own bardbook of songs (Koodos to
Sir Miguel and m’lady Clare who came up with this great idea!)   Please come
and join us!!   This will be the start of our Steppes Wandering Bardic.  For
more information, or to volunteer your home for future gatherings, please
contact m’lady Clare (Nikki Miller) at the address listed above.

Location:  Noble and Donna Fields, 214 Martha Manor, Richardson, TX 75081.
(972) 235-4824.  Directions:   From US 75: Take Belt Line/Main Street exit
and go EAST. 4th traffic light is Grove Road, go right (SOUTH) on Grove to
first stop sign (Frances Way).  Go right to next corner.  House is on the
Right with fire hydrant in front yard.

Please RSVP via email or phone to either Clare (above) or myself (see
officers list in the SteppesLetter), so we will know how many will be in
attendance and how many books and copies we will need to make of the songs
to be presented.  See you there !!

HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre
Steppes Hospitaler

" Le Bonheur est une trajectoire et non une destination.
ALORS : Travaille comme si tu n'avais pas besoin d'argent.
Aime comme si jamais personne ne t'avait fait souffrir.
ET Danse comme si personne ne te regardait !! "