[Glaslyn] Herbal Guild Meeting -- 01/14/02 @ 7:30 PM

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Sun Jan 13 15:05:36 PST 2002

Greetings from Viscountess Kate, Lady Nuala and the Herbalist Guild,

Here we are with a New Year, New Majesties and the first Herbalist Guild
meeting of the year.  First the Herbalist Guild would like to formally
welcome our Majesties Aaron and Britta as our new King and Queen and let
them know that if there is anything we, The Herbalist Guild, might do for
them we are your humble servants.
Vivat Rex!
Vivat Regina!

Our meeting this Monday, January 14, 2002 at 7:30pm will be at Lady
Nuala's home.  We will be discussing future meetings and locations,
workdays, projects and begin our newest project involving more Largess.
The Largess is for our Kingdom this time and we need to make it as
quickly as possible because it is needed before Gulf Wars.

We ask that you bring donations if you can. Materials needed are fabric
for making bags, bags (See directions below.), sewing machines, dark and
light thread, needles, rosemary, lavender, any other herbs you think
might be nice for heating pads.  We also need items for lotions and bath
salts; such as powdered milk, oatmeal, Epsom salts, sea salts, essential
oils, grape seed oil, extra virgin olive oil, sweet almond oil, or dry
sweet almond oil.  I am planning on bringing three different items.  If
each of us picks one group of items, we should have enough ingredients to
start making things.  If anything is lacking, we will make arrangements
to obtain those items for the next meeting or workday. Items needed are
divided into groups of three below, and, if you could pick up at least
one group of the items, we will have enough to make at least one complete
mixture.

Epsom salts, lavender, powdered milk
Epsom salts, lavender, oatmeal
Sea salts, Epsom salts, lavender
Food coloring, Epsom salts, oatmeal
Rosemary, deer corn, cloth or cloth bags
Rosemary, cloth/cloth bags, large package of needles (not
   large needles)
Baby food jars, rosemary, lavender
4oz & 6oz bottles, rosemary, lavender
Essential oils

The finished measurements for the hot pad bags are 2 feet by 3 inches
(Cut cloth approximately 2'1" x 7" and use ½" seam allowances. Leave 1
short end open.) .  The measurements for the pincushion bags are 2 - 2
1/2 inches square (Cut cloth approximately 5" x 3" and use ½" seam
allowances.  Fold in half and sew 2 sides only.).

Lady Nuala will provide some snacks; however, you are welcome to bring
snack also.  Her address and directions to her home are given below.  We
have a great time and are learning more all the time.  Hope to see you
there.

Your humble servant,

Viscountess Kate
Nuala