[Glaslyn] Budget and financial policies

Carolle M. Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Mon Feb 3 09:19:01 PST 2003

Greetings back, Madame Reeve.

As a beginning, let me say this - over the past few weeks, i've taken both
the Gatekeeper  and the Reeve Classes, trying to understand your office
(because i'm on the financial committee, no other reason), and i've come
away with a feeling of complete awe for anyone who can be a Reeve without
pulling out every hair on their heads several times over.  Thank you,
Capricia, for taking on this office.  And for doing such a good job in it.
That said, the office of the Chirurgeon requires little in practice.  Here's
a dream list:

1.  Basic service kit for the Canton in case a Chirurgeon is not present.
This would need to contain basically bandaids and that new wound-wash J&J
put out.   They cost about $12.99

2.  Copies of incident forms both to have on hand and following an event @
$0.07 each:  $5.00

3.  File Box for historical records (we have none at present)
10.00

4.  Banner for Chirurgeon Point at events.
30.00

5.  Permanent Waterbearing equipment (2 5-gallon 'jugs' @ 20.00, two
dishwashing basins@ 2.50,
    heavy duty plastic table covers 2 @ 10.00, 6 baldrics @$2.50,  12 Bottle
Bags @ $1.50, Knives, trays/baskets, cutting boards, maybe $20)

108.00

166.00

Obviously, this is a start-up budget.

An event budget would be rather fluid, depending on the site.  Possible
items include:

1.  Replacements for first aid kit
10.00

2.  Ice for waterbearing
                           16.00

3.  Bleach for waterbearing
2.00

4.  Straw or hay for waterbearing (don't ask)
10.00

5.  Fruit & Pickles, foil, etc.
30.00

6.  Port-a-Castles   @100 each
200-400

7.  Toilet paper, trash bags, Gator-ade, cleaning supplies
30.00

8.  Poster board & lamination for signage
5.00

9.  Water for waterbearers
30.00