[Glaslyn] Picnic

ED Reese edreese at m7bedlam.com
Tue Jun 17 01:29:34 PDT 2003

--
Hi, everyone!

I just wanted to say that Saturday was a blast~! I'm looking forward to
July 19th, so we can all get together again for some light-hearted play.
(Did I get the date right, Cyril?)

How about maybe trying to do the food at the next picnic period, or in a
period style? I'm thinking early period, like on the Bayeux tapestry --
kebabs, small birds roasted whole trussed to a spit sort of thing. (Think
something savory attached to the same sort of thing you'd roast
marshmallows with, that gets turned on the grill.) Pickles, hard boiled
eggs, cheese, hams.... (Hopefully eggs you can peel!)

The onion rolls that got used for the hamburgers are a great example of
neat bread that fits a period style in shape, flavor, and ingredients, IMO.
Of course, I like early period food, especially where the British and
Continental Celt and Barbarian thing does a fusion thing with the Roman and
Mediterranean cuisine. :-)

Brats, sausages, that sort of thing, would be recognized by your average
period types, as would soups, green salads, that sort of thing. For
instance, a salad served in a bread bowl would certainly be in period
style, even if it had tomatoes in it, and ranch dressing!  (Hey, you know,
that sounds pretty good....)

Participation strictly voluntary? What do folks think? Good idea, bad idea,
modifiable to make it work idea?

Esther
--

---