[Glaslyn] Steppes Mini-Collegium on Twelfth Night Gifts-Saturday, 11/22/03

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Wed Nov 19 08:25:27 PST 2003

Having trouble coming up with gifts for your friends at Twelfth Night?
Well, this is the collegium for you! We are having classes on making
gifts that anyone will be delighted to receive.

We are in debt to The Wooden Spoon as they have graciously allowed us to
use their facilities for this event. The address is 1617 Avenue K in
Plano.

This is not a "garb" event.

There will be a potluck lunch at the site. Please bring something to
contribute to the lunch. We request that you bring real food, not just
chips and dips. Suggestions might be sandwiches, cold meats, side dishes
such as slaw, salad, green bean salad, etc., maybe some chips or baked
beans (cold or in a crock pot), pickles and olives, deviled eggs, etc.
Please bring items that need refrigeration in a cooler. Of course, a
dessert or two would be nice--a fruit platter is a light option for
dessert. Does that give you a few ideas? THIS IS A DRY SITE.
Please note that this is NOT specifically targeted for either men or
women. It is for anyone with an interest in making some gifts.

Classes will start at 9:30 AM and end at 4:30 PM. Morning classes will
start at 9:30 AM and end at 12:30 PM and afternoon classes will start at
1:30 PM and end at 4:30 PM. The lunch break will be from 12:30 PM to 1:30
PM. Class listings, etc. are listed below. Please note that we will be
running on real time, not SCA time.

Morning Classes:

Bead Rings. Instructor: HL Suzanna the Herbalist (MKA Sue Rogers). This
class will show you how to make rings using beads and wire. If you have
jewelers pliers (round nose or flat nose), bring them. Ring mandrels and
rawhide mallets would be helpful too. $3.00 Cost for materials and
handout.

Cordial Making. Instructor: Lady Liadan Bregh (MKA Karen Cleek). This
class will be a demonstration of cordial making basics. A handout will be
available.

Belt Book. Instructor: Lady Fionnuala the Fey (MKA Elizabeth Peters) This
will be, hopefully, a make-it and take-it. (I am currently finalizing
materials list, etc. and will post more information later).

Soap Making. Instructor: Lady Anne the Spinster (MKA Donna Mallory) This
class will be held outside (due to fumes) under a pavilion but be sure to
dress for our changeable Texas weather. There will be a handout
available.

Afternoon Classes

Embroidered Pouches. Instructor: HL Suzanna the Herbalist (MKA Sue
Rogers). This class will show you how to make small embroidered muslin
pouches. Please bring an embroidery hoop and some fabric if you have some
you want to use. Basic embroidery knowledge required. We will have some
muslin and floss available. $1.00 cost for handout.

Cordial Making. This will be a repeat of the morning demo.

Belt Book. This will be a repeat of the morning class.

I am currently putting together a handout of sorts with various recipes
and hints for Twelfth Night and mundane Christmas gifts. This will be
available for a nominal charge for the cost of the copies. Currently, it
is about 16 pages but more will be added.

In service to the dream,

Lady Fionnuala the Fey for
Lord Vincenzo Cellini
(MKA Dennis Peters)