[Glaslyn] Da Vinci 'car' is brought to life

ylwrose2 at juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Mon Apr 26 22:22:17 PDT 2004

10:00pm Monday night

Just heard a report on the BBC Worldservice about da Vinci's
self-propelled cart.  I knew about the helicopter and  tank, but not the
cart.  Nor did I know about the steam engine he designed.

Here's the link, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3658029.stm, but
it doesn't give the method of propulsion.  The radio piece said that the
cart is propelled by coiled springs.  There is a picture of the
full-scale model that has been built and is currently on exhibit in
Florence.

In Service (and wonder)
Lady Francesca