[Glaslyn] Message From Baghdad, Iraq

M TURNAGE ceinwen7777777 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:07:38 PST 2004

Greetings Glaslyners,

The following is a message from the troops that we have sent packages to in
Iraq (68th Chemical Company, 1 Cavalry Div.).  We have also received a
letter with thanks for the packages which I will post later on the list.
This note was posted on the Any Soldier website.  Thought you all would like
to know what's going on with them.

In service,
Baroness Ceinwen
-------------------------------
27 Oct 2004:
     Thanks to all for your continuing support. Our internet access is very
limited, so I am still having a hard time sending photos.
     The platoon is doing very well. We are vigilantly patroling the streets
and arresting those that harm our mission and the great people of Iraq. Most
have had a chance to go on leave. We have only a few left that haven't.
Belive it or not, there are some that refuse to take leave. Our platoon
mission remains to be the same. However, we have changed living
arrangements. We are staying at an outpost and are self contained.
     This outpost supports the security of one of Iraq most valuable
resources. We are also required to continue our normal patrols. So, our
plates are full. Speaking of plates...we now get one hot meal a day. One hot
meal a day is more than some get, we're not complaining. What has been sent
by all our supporters has made life a bit easier.
     The soldiers always look forward to receiving mail. They used to just
look forward to mail from home. But, thanks to all of you, they now look
forward to more mail than they would have otherwise received. Each one is
delighted to open packages and letters from those that sent them. I hope
they have been polite enough to thank each of you for your sacrifice. If
they failed to thank, I thank you on their behalf. Thank you so much for
your letters and packages of good will.
Sincerely,
SFC Upton