[Glaslyn] Well Met

Roger Hooten rshooten at suddenlink.net
Wed May 25 11:34:43 PDT 2011

Good Afternoon Lisa and Co.

I am Ricard (but most everyone calls me Richarde) and I play in Glaslyn along with my family (Alethea, Boris, and Alexis).
Mundanely, we are Roger, Sabrina, Sam, and Alexis.

Welcome to Texas!
Welcome to Ansteorra!

Living in Watauga, you are about equal distance from Glaslyn and Elfsea’s meeting places. However, it is much easier for you to drive to Glaslyn, traffic-wise, as you can just shoot up 377 to I-35 and you don’t have to deal with navigating the mid-city area.

Glaslyn would love to have you come out and see us – we have a solid core of older folks (late thirties to early fifties) and a fairly active collection of twenty-somethings from the college and surrounding areas. Our practice is held in a nice park with plenty of activity area for the kids to play in (within manageable distance from the group) and I know that my kids would love the company.

Please let us know when you will be coming out so that we can be there to greet you (I can only make every other meeting due to work – but my Lady and the children can come out anytime).

As for me, I have been playing in the SCA with varying degree’s of frequency, since 1989. I engage in heavy fighting and have the good fortune to be student to Master Airaklee Wolf. I am also a Bard and a chef who enjoys making the occasional batch of mead.

Hope to see you soon,
~L. Ricard Valentinius Parvifeles