[Glaslyn] Warlord 2014

Emma Haldan emma.haldan at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 20:09:07 PDT 2014

Final Warlord 2014 Event Schedule

~ Please Remember, the Schedule is subject to frequent change, due to the nature of the event. There will be announcement heraldry, and a bulletin board in the Hall. Schedule changes will be announced in Morning Courts. ~

23 May 2014 – Friday
5 PM – Gate Opens
5:00 to 8 PM – Hall Set up for Merchants and Artisans
1 AM – Gate Closes

24 May 2014 – Saturday

7 AM Gate Opens
Wake up Cry
8 AM Longship Tavern begins serving breakfast
Great Officers of State Meeting in the Hall
Heavy Armor Inspection Begins at the List Field
List sign up opens at the List Field
9 AM, or at TRMs discretion, Morning Court in the Hall
After Morning Court, Embroidery Contest begins, ends Noon Sunday
30 Minutes after the end of Morning Court
Armor inspection closes, tournament begins
Archery sign up begins at Archery List
Youth Combat begins
o   Boffer inspections and authorizations
o   Pickups and Practice until lunch break at 1 PM
10:00 AM Children’s Activities begin in the Hall, ends at Noon
10:30 AM – Longship Tavern closes (might close earlier or later, depending on supplies)
10:30 – 11:00  AM  Archery begins
11:00 AM Artisans’ Enclave begins in the Hall
11:30 Artisans’ Enclave Class on how to photograph your A&S materials
SATURDAY AFTERNOON – William Tell Archery Tournament takes place, exact time to be determined by the day’s events. Listen for the heralds, and check the bulletin board in the Hall.
12:30 – Landed Lunch
1:00 PM – Gate Closes
            Page School discussion in the Hall, ends at 2:00 PM
1:30 PM – Baric Championship Preliminary rounds begin, ends 3:30 PM
2:00 PM – Junior Warlord Tournament begins
o   After tournament, melee, fun, games, and surprises
Minister of Children Meet and Greet in the Hall, ends at 3:00 PM
3:00 PM – Minister of Children Warranting class, in the Hall
6:00 PM Centurion Circle Meets
Artisans’ Enclave closes
7:30 PM, or at TRMs discretion, Evening Court
·         The time of evening court is subject to change, listen for the heralds, and check the bulletin board in the Hall
30 Minutes after Court, Final Rounds of the Bardic Competition begins
10:00 PM – Hall Closes

25 May 2014 Sunday

7 AM Baroness’s Folly Archery Shoot begins
7 AM Gate Opens
7:30  AM Wake Up Cry
8:00 AM Longship Tavern begins serving breakfast
Rapier inspection and list sign up begins
9:30 AM or at TRMs discretion, Morning Court
30 Minutes after the close of morning court Rapier tournament begins
Thrown Weapons Championship begins
Youth Rapier begins
o   Practice, pickups, and authorization for future tournaments
10:30 AM Longship Tavern closes (may close earlier or later depending on supplies)
SUNDAY AFTERNOON
Newcomers Heavy Tournament: for fighters authorized less than a year, who haven’t won a tournament, or received any fighting awards.
1:00 PM Gate Closes
3:00 PM Merchants Close
9:00 PM Hall Closes

~30 Minutes After the Rapier Tournament Ends, or at TRMs discretion, Evening Court begins~

26 May 2014 Monday
10:00 AM Site Closes
12:30 PM Load in at the storage unit. Please show up and help stow the gear we’ve been using         all weekend:  2551 Kelly Blvd, Carrollton

What Else is Happening At Warlord?

The Steppes Warlord Tournament on Saturday, and the Steppes Rapier Championship on Sunday are not the only things on tap at Warlord XLI!

Archery ~ Saturday and Sunday

Please remember to bring gloves and wear long sleeves. The bow string can leave a nasty kiss, and it best for you to protect your fingers.

The competition will start with the ever so fun novice competition, with a Royal Round. Then after lunch we will determine the next Steppes Archer, followed by a William Tell competition.

Sunday will be our Youth competition, followed by an afternoon of free shooting. Please take note that children must be accompanied by an adult/parent/guardian at all times while on the field. This does mean someone over the age of 18.
Our Schedule will be as follows:
Sat-
09:30-10:00 Equipment Inspection
10:00-12:00 – Archery Begins. Novice Competition and Royal Rounds
Loaner Gear will be provided for this competition.
1:00pm- 3:00pm– Steppes Archer Begins
No Loaner Gear Available. Must have own gear.
3:00-4:00- William Tell Competition.
Open to all
Sun-
07:00 -08:00 Baroness’s Folly
No loaner gear available.
10:00- 12:00 Youth Archery Competition
Loaner gear will be made available.
Artisan’s Enclave ~ Saturday from 11 am to 6 pm

A place to chat and create, learn and teach, keep or get cool, and perhaps have a cool drink and a light snack. It’s a potluck sideboard, so bring your chair, something to work on, and your cup. Mistress Xene will have her spinning wheel, and there will be spindles and other good things to play with with. We also have four great learning opportunities:

Sir Domingo’s camp kitchen and cooking ~ Outside
            Come learn Medieval camp cookery from a genuine Master!

How to Photograph Your A&S Items ~ Madelena de Orozco (Jennifer Ytarte)
You've spent hours of TLC on your project; let’s look at how to take photos that will show your piece in the best possible light. Learn how to take professional photos of your projects, on the cheap. AKA how can I get my point and shoot to do that?! Check out this hour-long class where we will tackle taking professional looking photos on a drawstring budget.
We will go through terminology first, but then go through tips to make the best use of light, camera settings and ambiance. This class is for those who own a cell phone or point and shoot camera and want to make it work in their favor.  (Don't knock it, ‘til you try it! Most cell phone cameras nowadays have more than enough pixels to print a full page photo!)
After the class I will have my DSLR and lights set up to take high res professional photos, for a $5 per image charge.
Viking Box Class ~ HL Haraldr Bassi
Students can make and take a Viking style trapezoidal "six board" box in pine or cedar for $30 or $45 respectively for materials. Students should expect to spend circa 8 hours or more working on a box using only the tools we know the Vikings had available. We will start Saturday morning and I plan to be on the road sometime Sunday afternoon.
Knife Making Classes ~ Red Dog Forge ~ Outside
Bardic Championship

There will be 3 rounds. The first will be held Saturday from 1:30 - 3:30 and will simply require the competitor to perform one piece for myself and another judge (plus whoever wants to join us).

From this, a certain number (6-10, depending on number of entrants) will be chosen to perform in the second round. The second round's format will be more traditional for the Steppes. After Saturday's evening Court, we will hold a bardic circle, hosted by Her Excellency.

The chosen competitors will perform another piece for the judges and Her Excellency. Her Excellency will choose 3 competitors to advance to the finals, which be held immediately after.

The final round's format will be the same as the second. Her Excellency will then choose her first Bard from the 3 finalists. Once the competition has concluded, the circle will be open and all are invited to perform.

All performers should prepare three pieces. Her Excellency is not a fan of Her own tears unless they are from laughter or joy. All competitors should take this into consideration when choosing their pieces. Pieces with documentation will be looked upon favorably.

Competitors should have at least two different performance styles (story, song, poem). Finally, and most importantly, Her Excellency enjoys pieces with a moral. Think fairy tales. Again, documentable pieces fitting this theme will be looked upon favorably.

Centurion Circle
            6:00 PM Saturday ~ in the Hall

Charter Painting ~ in the Hall
            By Artisan’s Enclave

Children’s Activities ~ Saturday 10:00 AM to Noon, in the Hall

Embroidery Contest ~ Sponsored by Mistress Kalida
            Saturday to Noon on Sunday

The On-Site Embroidery Competition will begin right after Saturday morning court and end at noon on Sunday. Come to the Hall and find Mistress Kalida in the Pegasus Pottery booth to register and to pick up all materials to compete. The theme will be announced in court and will be available at registration.

Food ~
Ansteorran Longship Tavern ~ Breakfast Saturday and Sunday from 8 to 11, or to the end of the supplies ~ Outside

Great Officers of State Meeting ~ Saturday, 8:00 AM ~ in the Hall

Herald’s Consulting Table ~ in the Hall

Merchants ~ Saturday to 3 pm Sunday

All the Trimmings
            Trim, Cloak, Clasps, Buttons

Ansteorran Longship Company ~
            Breakfast tavern, amazing omelets! ~ Outside

The Basket Man
Beautiful, handmade baskets ~ Hall

Bella’s Braids
            Hair Braiding ~ Hall

Brute Force & Ignorance Ironwerks ~ Outside
            Handmade iron work and on-site armor repair

Darkwood Armory
            Armor, swords, Rapiers, etc. ~ Hall

Elizabeth Van Meter ~ Outside
            Jewelry, embroidery frames

Estoile Designs ~ Hall

Full Bloom Studios ~ Hall
            Professional photographs of your A&S items, and treasures

Iron Cross Tailoring ~ Hall

Noble Costumes ~ Hall
            Garb, hats, totebags, etc.

North Star Armory ~ Hall
            Reproduction jewelry, armor, accessories

Pegasus Pottery ~ Hall
            Handmade ceramics

Puss N Boots Emporium ~ Hall
            Clothing, trinkets, and more

Raven Boy Music / Classical Cat ~ Hall
            CDs, music

Red Dog Forge ~ Outside
            Custom Knives (also teaching classes) ~ Outside

Roamin’ Trader ~ Outside
            Feast gear, jewelry, leather goods, horn cups

Saqra’s Specialties
            Jewelry, woven belts

Three Pines Supply

TLC Leathercraft ~ Hall

Minister of Children Meetings ~ Saturday
            Meet and Greet in the Hall ~ 2:00 PM
            Warranting class in the Hall ~ 3:00 PM

                        New Fighter’s Tournament ~  Sunday
            A tournament for fighters who have been authorized for less than a year, and who haven’t            won a tournament, and who haven’t won any fighting awards.

Scriptorium ~ in the Hall

Thrown Weapons Championship ~ Sunday

Youth Combat Events ~ Saturday and Sunday

Archery ~ Sunday, 10:00 am to 12:00 PM, loaner gear available. Minor must be accompanied by adult.

Heavy Boffer ~ Saturday, 30 minutes after Court
            Boffer inspections and authorizations,Pickups and practices until lunch break
Premier Steppes Junior Warlord Tournament ~ 2:00 PM
After the Junior Warlord Tournament, melee, fun, games, surprises!

Youth Rapier ~ Sunday
            Practice, pickups, and authorizations for future tournaments