[Hellsgate] Sunday Fighter Practice

Ruiz ruizhorde at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 08:13:12 PST 2010

Yesterday's fighter practice was wonderful! If you missed it I am so sorry. We
had a pop-up loaded with banners, there were banners in the trees, there was
food and we had a lot of people. Having such a large group drew attention to us
and I was a little busy handing our flyer's and talking to people.

This coming Sunday is our good bye to Andy, Hello to the new people and yes my
birthday!!! Robert and I will have burgers cooking and a few people have already
volunteered to bring food. If you want to help and bring food that would be nice
just let me know.
It will be the same time as fighter practice and I will keep you posted via the
list about where the food will be. I hope to have the pavilion but if not there
are grills around that we will use.

Everyone come and lets welcome the newer people to our group with style.

The challenge for the banners went well! There was at least 15 banners flying in
the wind. Lets keep that up.

As hospitaler I have started giving a small token to anyone who brings in new
people. If you want to see what it looks like find Johney and ask to see hers.
She was the first to receive one for bring in a family of four. Once you talk
about us and given the invite to come to either fighter practice or the social
gathering and they have come out... keep talking to them. You are their
connection and they usually fell safe asking you questions.

This group does a wonderful job of making people feel welcome so keep up the
good work.

Invite people to come to the Yule revel. It is going to be laid back and don't
have to come in garb. The closer we get to Dec 4Th the more excited I become.
This promises to be a great evening with LOTS of things planned. Get into the
spirit of the evening, loosen up and enjoy.

Remember Helene's challenge of making the Stronghold better, and the question
'What can you bring to the table to make sure we stay a kick-ass group'? and the
last challenge to the officers:  How can you excel in YOUR office?

Mel