[Hellsgate] Announcement

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 20:11:07 PDT 2010

Your Excellencies,

I hesitate to speak for the populace of Hellsgate, but I think we can
all agree that your unwavering support, love and dedication has been
instrumental in our formation.

We will always think of you fondly and I, for one, am proud that you
will always be known as Lord and Lady Hellsgate.

In service to my Country, my Crown and the finest Barony in the
Society, I remain your most obedient servant,
Lady Helene Dalassene

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Susan Scott <gwenneth40 at gmail.com> wrote:
> To the populace of Hellsgate:
>
> We very much regret to announce that due to mundane issues we will be
> resigning as Baron and Baroness at Candlemas.
>
> We have informed the Crown and their Heirs of our decision, as well as
> the seneschals from local to kingdom.  Based on these conversations,
> we have worked out a timeline for the succession.  We are required to
> make an official announcement in the local newsletter and allow 30
> days from the publication date for candidates to announce their
> candidacy.  However, the next Halberd will come out in early November,
> pushing the deadline to early December.  What with having candidates
> speak to the populace, polling of the populace, and candidate
> interviews with the Crown, this would leave, at most, four weeks for
> the Crown to make a decision.  We feel that our Heirs should have more
> time to prepare for their new roles so we have proposed the following
> schedule.
>
> There will be a special edition of the Halberd to be published no
> later than one week from tonight, October 18.  This will contain only
> the required boilerplate and our announcement concerning our stepping
> down and the deadline for candidates.
>
> That deadline will be Thursday, November 18.  The following week, the
> candidates will address the populace with their plans for the barony.
> This is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday night Fighter
> Practice/Populace in the Park on November 23, unless an indoor venue
> can be found for that Monday or the following Monday.  Wednesday,
> November 24, is the day before Thanksgiving, so we do not think it is
> a feasible alternative.
>
> Polling of the populace will be the week after Thanksgiving, again
> tentatively at Tuesday night Fighter Practice/Populace in the Park on
> November 30, pending approval of the Regional Seneschal.
>
> Crown interviews with candidates will occur at Stargate Yule Revel on
> December 4.  This will allow over two months for the Crown to make a
> decision and for our successors to prepare for their new
> responsibilities.
>
> The deadline for candidates, November 18, will be published in the
> special edition of the Halberd.  The rest of the schedule will be
> finalized and published in the regular November issue.
>
> We encourage anyone considering candidacy to speak with us.  We will
> be available in the days to come to answer any questions.  Thank you
> for your patience and support.
>
> Gwenneth and Avery
> Baroness and Baron of Bryn Gwlad

"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant
series of news items that do not affect them personally."- Robert
Gates, Secretary of Defense.