[Hellsgate] Assistance in Attending Gulf Wars?

Dragon Gurl dragonphlame at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 23:19:22 PST 2011

Hello all!

Having originally believed that my great-grandmother's centennial  birthday
party and subsequent family visitation (in Michigan and Tennessee) would
interfere with my attendance to Gulf Wars,  I stated that I would not be going
(much to my disappointment). While  this still may be true, I am thinking it
might be possible for me to get  to the last few days, but it will require
assistance from a (and  perhaps several) brave and kind soul(s) who will be
attending and might  have some spare time and/or space.

With this being said, I am in the preliminary stages of planning. I can get a
flight from Nashville TN (where I will be in the beginning of Gulf Wars) to the
Gulfport airport (about an hour from Lumberton) on Thursday, March 17.  If
someone would be so kind as to  pick me up from the airport and bring me back to
Lumberton I would be  ever so grateful. Of course, as I would arrive by plane, I
would also  need a ride home to Bryn Gwlad. With all that being said, I would be
more than happy to share transportation costs and drive time for the trek home.
I also expect to fully reimburse the kind sir and/or  madame that picks me up
from the airport for their fuel and time.

Assuming  we can get that accomplished, I will need a place to sleep. It would
be  LOVELY if I could bunk with someone who already has a set up and extra
space, but I can also try to find a way to get my own things there. I no  longer
have a tent but could purchase one if need be. As far as  clothing goes, I have
a few things I can bring, certainly 2 days worth,  but as I will have to
transport it all over the northern half of the  country first, loaner garb would
be much appreciated.

In addition  to monetary reimbursement, I would be happy to  work or help out in
any way I can (cooking, errand running, water  bearing, ect), in exchange for
these kindnesses provided to me. I am  open to any other ideas or suggestions,
in fact I welcome them!

I know this is a lot to ask, but I would be very VERY grateful if we could
figure this out.

These  are my plans to make MY birthday wish come true, to have my cake and  eat
it too. Go to Grahm's birthday, spend time with family, AND to Gulf  Wars to
spend time with you (all)!

Thank you kind sirs and madams for your time and attention,

Caitlyn of Bryn Gwlad (SCA name forthcoming)

(This message has already been sent to Ffynon Gath and Bryn Gwlad)