[Hellsgate] Sunday Fighter Practice

Susan Scott gwenneth40 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 06:23:37 PST 2011

What if you thought of the idea of going to BG occasionally not as
abandoning HG, but as a chance of building connections with BG
fighters, so there is more chance of getting them to an occasional HG
practice?  If once every month or two, you lost a few fighters in
order to have the chance of increasing attendance at other times?

Also, I would recommend picking specific Sundays and sending official
invitations to the BG list.  You could have some sort of occasion to
celebrate, or a special activity planned, like food, or a melee
practice or mini-tourney, or a project day (either a group project or
have everyone bring individual projects and talk about them).  With
regular fighter practice every week, it's easy to say, "I'm busy or
tired this week; I'll try for next time," and never actually make it
there.  Give people a reason to put a specific week on their calendar.
 Also, send individual invitations to people you know personally.

As for fighter practice being for fighters, a few years ago we had a
problem with people thinking, "I'm not a fighter; there's no reason
for me to go to fighter practice.'  So the decision was made to rename
it "Populace in the Park."  Then we had a problem with people saying,
"So why don't you have a fighter practice?''  You just can't win.  ;-)

Gwenneth