[Hellsgate] Heraldry in Hellsgate

Dave Goldie missinglink at phulesgold.com
Thu Aug 2 05:11:16 PDT 2012

For those that were not at populace last night, heraldic consultation night
will be the second Thursday each month during social.  Basically this is the
day I will not be armored up and will be available to talk to anyone about
name or device submissions or to conduct classes as needed.  I am always
willing to talk to folks about heraldry, but this is the day I will have the
books available (as soon as I get them from Bryn Gwlad).

Second, during the last week of each month I will start hosting a commentary
night.  Basically this is a chance to look at all the submissions on the
current Letter of Intent and make comments on what we find good or bad about
the submissions.  This is a good way to learn a little about heraldry in the
SCA, the process of submissions, and the rules in use.  I will post more as
the end of this month draws near.

Lastly, I will begin tracking local submissions and updating the progress of
those submissions in a monthly roll up so there is as little confusion about
what is going on with your submissions as possible.  Be looking for these
updates around the first of the month each month.  For those that do not
know, a submission can take 9-11 months to make it through the submissions
process.  This regular update will keep you from thinking that the heralds
have forgotten about you.

Thanks for all the support.

In Service,

Lord Coenred