[Hellsgate] Thoughts on Demo

Sean Hertzberg colsith at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 12:44:34 PDT 2012

One thing to consider when scheduling demos is not just whether or not
there is an event near by....

Thing is, it is not about whether or not folks are able to head over to
Shadowlands for the event that day. It is more about the PR of folks from
one group not being able to go to a group that is not that far away because
of conflicting SCA schedules.

Hellsgate had a pretty good turnout for Crucible. Not 300 people, but a
good fun day. Part of the reaon that folks show up for events in smaller
groups is that they know the people in the group. It is not "I am going to
go to HellsGate's event", it is more "I want to go see Liam, or Timur or
whoever". This is how small groups can be successful...make it personal. If
you go see them, they will come see you.
If some folks from Hellsgate don't go to Shadowlands because they have
other things to do, no biggie. If folks from Hellsgate are not able to go
to Shadowlands because Hellsgate has scheduled something opposite, that can
have fallout. That make sense?

Avery

Interfereing Bryn Gwlader. :-)

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM, John Atkinson <johnmatkinson at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm all in favor of demo, but clearing the minimum safe distance zone
> in a state fair is awfully tricky.  That's why I would call EOD and
> have them RSP. .
>
> Oh, what?  SCA?  Demonstration?
>
> Damn, I haven't had enough coffee yet.
>
> You'd be going up against a Shadowlands event, which is less than two
> hours away and hence is a local event.  Not a good idea.
>
> Ioannes
>
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 4:21 AM, STEPHEN STEGER <knightslament at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > I have brought this up a few times. Central Texas State Fair is at Bell
> Co Expo Aug 31-Sept 2nd. I would like to propose this for a Sanctioned
> Demo.Is this a sufficient time frame to get to populace, Barony and Crown
> if agreed?
> >
> > Hours of operation will be Friday 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Saturday - 12:00pm
> - 12:00 Midnight, Sunday 12:00pm – 11:00pm. Times are subject to change. So
> we could do shifts and vary between artisans, fighters and perhaps just
> people in garb doing some q and a
> >
> > Here are some links
> >
> > http://centraltexasstatefair.com
> >

> http://centraltexasstatefair.com/fileserver/files.ashx?t=fg&f=2012%20Booth%20App.%20%20Guide%20Combo.pdf
>

> --
> "Thousands of Sarmatians, Thousands of Franks, we've slain them again
> and again.  We're looking for thousands of Persians."
> --Vita Aureliani

INCOMMODUS SENTENTIA