[Hellsgate] Geekfest Demo

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:59:09 PDT 2012

At 04:25 PM 7/24/2012, you wrote:
>Greetings,  Here is the info for the Geekfest Demo (so far)
>
>Dates:  17 and 18 August 2012
>
>Times: Friday - 6pm - 10pm
>           Saturday - 12pm - 10pm
>
>Location: CTC Planetarium, Killeen Texas
>
>The college will supply one table for our displays.
>We have a option of a classroom with AC. This would restrict the
>fighting demos.  An outdoor site where we can do everything, however
>this might require set up and tear down each day. Or we can use the
>classroom for our static displays and hold fighting demos outside.
>Which if we give them a schedule they will announce for us.  That
>way the fighters can fight in the heat but recover in AC.
>I have to have the final decision to them NLT the 2nd of
>August.  Myself, I would say the classroom with the fighting demos outside.
>I do need to get a somewhat accurate number of people, fighters,
>presenters etc that wish to participate. That way it will be easier
>to plan the fight demos and find out what numbers of presenters they
>can work with.
>
>Yours in Service
>Lord Eric Bentbow

I have to work on Friday, but could be available all day on Saturday
for rapier fighting, marshalling (either field) or talking about the
SCA at the table. I can bring up some pieces of armor (helm,
gauntlets, mail shirt and coif) for a hands-on display.

Would there be enough space in the classroom for dancing?

         -Tivar Moondragon