[Hellsgate] Geekfest Demo

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jul 24 22:44:38 PDT 2012

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012, Ruiz <ruizhorde at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think you are correct Eric, we probably need to check with the
> campus about putting people in armor. Yes, the heavy fighting is the
> attraction but everything slows down when we have to help put
> someone in armor and show them the ropes, lets save that for
> Thursdays and let our fighter make noise and attract attention.

Sorry to intrude: a few years ago, I dimly recall that Bryn Gwlad's
"Renaissance Day in the Park" had Whack-A-Knight.  Those in armor were
one or two SCA fighters, so they had fighter authorization and waivers
on file.  The public were the ones with arms -- I think it was
children given boffer weapons.

If this sounds interesting, you might ask in Bryn Gwlad about all the
grungy details, especially whether this sort of thing is still
allowed, and if so, exactly how it was done.

Daniel Lindocolina
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com