[Hellsgate] Geekfest Demo

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Jul 25 07:37:01 PDT 2012

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fight the Knight or Whack-a-Knight using boffer weapons falls more
> into the category of "game" than actual combat. It's (generally) fun
> with younger kids, but I'd be a little hesitant to do it with
> college-age kids.

When searching on the Web, someone in
http://sbgswordforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=15947
wrote "Another favorite thing we run around here is whack a
knight. You give people a shield and rattan sword, the SCA folks get a
foam sword and you let people try it out so to speak. And of course
you go easy.", but I don't know whether that's getting into Crazyland
or not.

Danet de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com