[Hellsgate] "My lord", "my lady"

Joe Simmons ESIMMONS001 at hot.rr.com
Wed Sep 12 20:43:47 PDT 2012

Not to dispute your kind words m'lord. However being a long time member and
understanding that within the SCA I was taught that all are worthy of the
m'lord / m'lady not as a title but rather as a courtesy. Also I was taught
that all members of the Society are considered to be of noble birth and
therefore worthy of the courtesy accorded one of noble birth. Lord or Lady
Capital L is a title and should be used as one.  For myself, I feel that to
recreate the period manners of address and titles are important and should
be used on every occasion. To use them does not detract from the SCA and not
using them does, for me. That is the way it was when I joined and I will
continue to use and teach it as such. It is part of the beauty and
atmosphere of the Society for me.