[Hellsgate] Arrrgggghhhh! ;)

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:41:21 PST 2013

At 02:57 PM 1/8/2013, you wrote:

>I am very happy to annnounce after much discourse I was Given a
>definite go ahead for Gulf Wars!!!!
>
>Um now the panic has begun, due to past experience being with the
>prison I hadn't counted on a yes. Now that i have it I haven't been
>to any of the Gulf wars meetings. I have no clue who to talk to
>about meal plan and camping site arrangements, etc.
>
>Master Jovian was kind enough to send me a list of things I would
>need, but I have no clue on the rest. i could use the groups
>knowledge of such things.
>
>Stephan
>The overweight and overwhelmed

It's been about ten years since I last went to Gulf War, so this may
not all be applicable, but...

Plan for hot, cold, wet and dry weather. It's a week-long event in
mid-March, so there's a good chance you'll see all those conditions
apply at some point. Pack at least one set of clothes in a big
ziplock bag, or in a plastic tub or maybe even in your car, so if
there's really bad rain, you'll still have something dry to change into.
Wear comfortable shoes. You'll be doing a *lot* of walking.
Bring as much cash as you can reasonably afford, for the Merchant's Area.
Bring any meds you are likely to need. The nearest town is several
miles away, and the nearest big town is even farther. You really
don't want to be stuck out in the boonies needing a prescription
refilled in the middle of the night.
Plan the most comfortable sleeping arrangement you can manage--not
just a good tent, but foam pads or maybe an air mattress (although
those have an annoying habit of getting slow leaks midway through an
event.) If you can do a proper bed with a futon or foam mattress, so
much the better. If you're not getting adequate sleep, it's hard to
enjoy the rest of the event.
If youre a fighter, make sure your armor and weapons are in good
repair and your authorization card is up to date.

And finally, you might want to post a note to the main Bryn Gwlad
list asking these same questions.

         -Tivar Moondragon