[Hellsgate] explanations

Ruiz ruizhorde at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 04:16:12 PDT 2013

Good morning Hellsgate,
It occurred to me that at this last populace we didn’t
explain something that happened. Us members that have been in for a long time
sometimes just go through the paces and sometimes forget to explain things.
You saw two bids for our next event, Crucible, handed in.
First, Crucible is our once a year local event and if a member
of the populace would like be the steward, the person in charge of the event,
they put in a bid.
The bid is your idea of the event. Crucible has a set theme
that we do every year, it was an idea that one of our members, Liam, thought of
when this group just started out and the populace voted to keep the theme
always for Crucible. So the bid includes things like, site fee, extra
activities, site token, food, and many other things. I have created a bid sheet
for Hellsgate that will be on the web page for members that are interested in
bidding for future events. There is a set date that bids need to be in by and
this date is firm because there is a lot that needs to be done for an event.
Once the bids are turned in, the finance committee meets to review
and discuss the bids. They look at the bids to see which are more financially sound
and its profit. They examine the bids very close and look for much more than I
am writing here.  The finance committee does
not vote or make the final discussion. Their only job is to make sure the bids
are sound. If there is more than one bid that is viable it is brought to the
populace for a vote. So yes, you get a voice in the choice of our next event.
There is more involved in this process but this is the
basics of the procedure. And if any of you have any questions about anything
the group does please feel free to ask, especially if you are coming in from
another kingdom or group, as we might do things a little different.
I am going to start trying to put our emails explaining
thing that we do for our newer members. Things like why we do A&S night,
the origin and thought behind the tiny tourney, newcomer’s luncheon and
anything else I can think of. All these things have been voted on long before
many of our newer members arrived so I think it would wonderful to explain
them.
I claim all grammar and spelling errors........

Mel