[Hellsgate] Candlemas Thanks and Recognitions

Ceallach and Helene bb.bryngwlad at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 19:24:47 PST 2014

Candlemas has come and gone and our Barony has held another great event.
We were very happy to have been invested as Baron & Baroness of Bryn  Gwlad, Lord & Lady of Hellsgate at such a wonderful event and it was with sadness that we witnessed our forebears riding off into the west with the Mongol Horde.

Many thanks go out to Lady Katrina of York for stewarding our event and to her busy staff for making yet another Bryn Gwlad event come out so well.  Additional thanks go to Honorable Lady Marie di Girau and her staff for cooking and serving a marvelous feast.
Mistress Gwenneth Bowynne of Glamorgan organized a day full of educational and entertaining classes.
Lord Fionn Ó Diubháin ran a brewing competition that was well received. Lady Elen Verch Phellip ran the A&S championship competition with many inspiring entries. Honorable Lord Snorri Hallsson ran our Bardic champion competition with performances that touched our emotions whether funny, sad or happy.

We ended the day with our first new champions.  Honorable Lady Katerine le Roux d'Anjou is our new A&S Champion and His Excellency is proud to note that he has her very first original scroll hanging on his wall.  Centurian Maelgwyn Dda is our new Bardic Champion after performing with passion that was noticed by all of the judges.

Congratulations to the following individuals for their new awards given during court:
 Willoc mac Muiredaig   - Star of Merit
 Helene Dalassene       - Dreigiau Bryn
 Magdalena Cortez       - Dreigiau Bryn
 Phelim Gervase         -  Sable Sparrow