[Hellsgate] Crucible Thank Yous

Dave Goldie missinglink at phulesgold.com
Mon Mar 31 05:51:40 PDT 2014

To the members of the Stronghold of Hellsgate, the Barony of Bryn Gwlad, and
the greatest kingdom in the known world,

It is with misted eyes that I sit here and write out these thank yous.  A
page has turned in my life and I thank each and every one of you who made it
for making my last Ansteorran event a great one.  I will endeavor to
remember all who made this event happen, but if I miss you by some chance,
know that it is unintentional.

Your Excellencies Bryn Gwlad, I thank you for the support the Barony
provides us in Hellsgate, without which we could not exist.  I look forward
to hearing of the continued glory of the Stronghold and the Barony under
your direction.

Lord Eric Bentbow and Lady Alexandra, thank you for all you have done and
continue to sacrifice for the group.  You work tirelessly and beyond all
limits every time and I thank you for your help this weekend.

Lord Havarr and Lady Asta, thank you for all the help.  You stepped in to
run the kissing contest and silent auction as well as anything else that
needed done.  You even came out and sat through that hail storm on site with
me.  Thank you.

HL Adrian, thank you for stepping up and taking charge of the gate shifts.
Even with the hiccups that inevitably happen, things went very smooth.  I
spoke personally to all those who sat gate, but I want to say publicly that
I thank you all for giving your time to allow us to make the vent happen.

To the outgoing champions, Sir Maelgwyn, Lord Alain, and Lady Johanna, thank
you for planning and executing challenges to make all competitors work for
their championships.  The new champions, Sir Ysfael, Don John, and Lady
Sosha, I challenge you now to begin planning that challenge which will test
the mettle of next year's competitors.

Birgitte and Megan and all the water bearing staff, thank you for the hard
work in making sure that all the folks remain hydrated and safe.  The is
sometimes and thankless job and occasionally overlooked, but you did a great
job.

Niccola (on her first camping event in the SCA) and Lord Alain's Lady (who I
regret I did not actually get her name), than you for stepping in to run the
list mistress.  The tournaments could not have run anywhere near as smoothly
without you.

Grimmulfr, thank you for all you did this weekend.  You went where I
directed and worked with no complaints.  Also for the three young Soldiers
who, on their first event (and in some cases first exposure to the SCA),
pitched in wherever they were needed.  I hope you find this hobby to your
liking and continue along with us.

Lady Wentiliana and Lord Gavin, thank you for taking your weekend to come
run the archery range for us.

Veronica, Maddie, and Linda, thank you for taking time to come out to this
event and spend your weekend with me.  Linda, thank you for the champions
mugs and the mugs I was able to give out for those that helped me.

Cecily, you were everywhere.  Set up, tear down, helping in the kitchen and
serving feast, running all over site doing anything that needed doing
(including saving my rain fly in the hailstorm while I was running around
checking other tents).  You are one of the most noble and giving people I
know and I would expect that formal recognition of that will not be long in
coming.

Master Caelin, HE Pyro, and Lord Wolf, thank you for your assistance during
the feast.  It would not have been possible without your help.

As always any errors, omissions, and problems with the event are strictly
mine.

Now on to thank yous of a more personal nature:

Lady Alianorra, there is NO WAY this event would have happened without you,
but more than that you have been there to help me with anything that I could
possibly ask and even anticipating a few things.  The banner and mug you
gifted me were incredible and far beyond anything I expected.  I wish you
and Lord Thorkell all the best and will look forward to seeing you in the
future.

Sir Liam, Plank Owner of Hellsgate, Your gift was beyond words.  Your wisdom
and guidance over the years have been instrumental, both in the success of
the Stronghold and in my personal growth in the SCA.  I look forward to
continuing to work with you in the future.

Sir Maelgwyn and Lady Willoc, the amount of time and effort you put into the
group is amazing.  You have helped me grow in more ways than I can count or
list here.

To those fighters who did me the honor of crossing swords with me this
weekend, thank you.  You all did me a great honor and service that day.  For
those I still need to face, I will be at Bryn Gwlad fighter practice this
Tuesday and I know I need to keep an open dance card.

To the entire populace of the Stronhold and Barony, it has been my honor to
serve you, to stand beside you, and to call you my friends and family.
VIVAT to the greatest populace in the known world.

To the innumerable members of all groups who have touched my life in the
past years, I thank you and hope to see you all again.

And so it is with a heavy heart that I bting this )somewhat long) missive to
an end.  I do not think of myself as leaving Ansteorra.  I think of it as
flinging the Sable Star far and wide that the whole Knowne World would know
of the greatness of this kingdom.  I may travel far away, but my heart will
always remain here.

I remain in service to the Kingdom and the Dream,

Lord Coenred aet Rauenesdale