[Hellsgate] A&S Info

Minister of Arts & Sciences moas at hellsgate.ansteorra.org
Mon Sep 12 11:34:39 PDT 2016

Greetings to the list,

There are a few items I would like to go over quickly! First I wish to
remind everyone that A&S night is approaching (September 21st) Lord Eric
will be presenting a class on “Medieval Table Manners” I know that he has
been doing some additional research to revise his class, so if you’ve been
in attendance before, this will still be a great class!

Next, let us talk about what Art and Sciences is. If something inspires you
to create, you are an Artisan! You don’t have to be skilled, proficient, or
even artistically inclined! Have you created something to fill a need or
purpose? It’s still an art! Bearing all this in mind, there are several in
our numbers who have yet to fill out and return and Artisan information
sheet. My goal is to have a sheet for each person in our group, whether or
not you consider yourself and Artisan. Please see me during, Populace,
Social, or A&S Night for a form!

Submissions would be my next topic! A few years back, I created Hellsgate
Artisans Facebook Page to display the wonderful works of our group along
with information. Unfortunately it goes woefully underused.  Please
consider submitting pictures of your work to me with a small blurb
describing the work. Additionally, as part of my office, I am required to
send a monthly report detailing our A&S endeavors. To do this I need input
from you! If you are a Guild principle, I need a monthly blurb on what your
guild is doing. If you as an individual are working on something, I would
love to know about it!

Lastly, for those who recently showed at LPT (Laurels Prize Tourney), and
those competing in future A&S Events of Competitions, please forward me a
picture of your display, along with a description of your entry and the
Event name. This too falls under Submissions described earlier, but I feel
those showing or competing also deserve additional focus in being
recognized in their endeavors!

That is all for now, thank you!

In service to the dream,
Lord Stephan Wilhelm Steger