[Hellsgate] Our Thanks

Helene Dalassene helene.dalassene at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:08:35 PST 2017

We are late with our missive regarding Candlemas, and for that, we
apologize.

There are so many thanks, and we know we’re going to forget someone, so we
beg forgiveness in advance.

To the event steward, Honorable Lady Magdalena Cortez - Thank you for a
supremely enjoyable event. We were on time all day, and we appreciate your
dedication and determination to see a wonderful event to completion.

To Honorable Lady Safiiya bint Khalid ibn Hamdun - OMNOMNOMNOM. Thank you
for a wonderful feast, and for your company during dinner. The kitchen ran
like a top, and the esteem you are held in was obvious by all the helping
hands you were offered.

To Honorable Lady Phoebe Saint Michael - Thank you for coordinating feast
servers and keeping all our plates filled. To all the servers, thank you!
We are always grateful for your service and the yummy plates you bring!

To the dedicated dancers and musicians- Thank you again, for dancing the
light into our hall, and for entertaining us with your sets. The music and
dance are an integral part of Candlemas and we are grateful for your
artistry and service to our Barony.

To the Honorable Lady Catalina de la Salamanca - We are grateful to you for
coordinating all the classes and making sure there was a class for just
about any interest! You made sure everything went smoothly and we all
enjoyed ourselves.

To those who heralded the class schedule, Mistress Saundra, and others I
know not the names of - Thank you for making sure everyone knew what time
it was and where the next classes were!

To our outgoing Arts and Sciences Champion, Lady Aisling ni Cahill - You’ve
been a wonderful champion, willing to teach and mentor all those who would
learn from you. Thank you so much for your service, and we look forward to
seeing more art from your hand.

To our incoming Arts and Sciences Champion, Lord Ronan Fionn oDubain - Your
way with words has won you many bardic honors, and we are grateful you
turned those words to our A&S competition. We look forward to learning more
about your art, and the knowledge you give so freely.

To our outgoing Bardic Champion, Master Iago Cabrera de Cadiz - Thank you
for your laughter, your smiles, your stories, and your friendship. We know
you didn’t expect to win last year’s badic competition, but we’re so glad
you took the chance and entered.

To our incoming Bardic Champion, Andrew Scarheart - This year’s Bardic
competition was an absolutely incredible collection of artists, and we are
so grateful you chose to throw your voice in the ring. We look forward to
hearing your voice, raised in song and in laughter.

Lady Kassandra De Hass - So…uh…more beer? Seriously, though,
congratulations on winning the brewing competition and we look forward to
more bottles of your delicious brew! (Is the flattery working yet?)

To our teachers- Thank you! We love the amount of knowledge given so freely
at Candlemas, and as always, this year was a wonderful chance to learn, to
teach, to talk, and in the cheese class…taste!

To everyone for being flexible, understanding, and supportive during the
event, THANK YOU. We are so lucky to be in the best Barony in the Known
World and we are honored by your attendance at Candlemas!

Vivat Bryn Gwlad!
In service to you all,
Ceallach and Helene
Baron and Baroness of Bryn Gwlad