ANSTHRLD - Pursuivants

Donal & Sosha catsden at texas.net
Tue Jul 21 21:52:05 PDT 1998

Greetings!

Jodi McMaster wrote:

> Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:
> > I don't know if there's a list of people who have passed the
> > pursuivant test.
> >
> Isn't that the same thing? From the definitions I read, passing
> test=pursuivant.

Sort of. The difference lies between the job description of
pursuivant, held by all our local branch heralds, and the Ansteorran
CoH ranking of Pursuivant Extraordinary (in the sense of "at-large").
Passing a test gets you the rank; passing a far less strenuous test
gets an acting local his/her warrant. To answer the _original_
question, there is a list of those who have been ranked as PE in the
past year or so, since the test was re-instituted. Before that, the
rank system had been left unused for several years. I am in the
process of looking for a list of all those who made PE under the old
system. So far, on luck - but there are a lot of boxes.

> AElfwyn

Donal