ANSTHRLD - Anst Heralds List (fwd)

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Jul 8 14:29:05 PDT 1998

> Please realize that there are more knowledgable and experienced
> heralds out there: Da'ud ibn Auda, Rouland Carre, Zenobia Naphthali,
> Talan Gwynek!, Tangwystyl verch Morgant Glasvryn, and many more.  Some
> of these heralds can be seen on the SCA Heralds' mailing list.
> Really, it's not *that* high a traffic load, and Tangwystyl and
> Rouland alone are worth the price of admission.

Allow me to second that suggestion.  I'm here, though, just because I'm
a heraldry junkie from An Tir, and can also be found passing along good
advice I've gotten from others.
Two points to quibble with Daniel, here...  :)
1) Zenobia isn't on SCAHRLDS, but if anyone wants to email her directly,
she doesn't mind, and I can pop queries directed to her that way, also.
2) I used to MUD a lot...  Yes, I admit it.  And it got me a teensy bit
of knowledge regarding programming.  I see a bang (!) when not used as a
punctuation mark, to mean "not", as in <accept = !tierna> when excluding
all who aren't me.  So, Daniel, what precisely do you mean by typing
"Talan Gwynek!"?  <I'm covering up my head, see?>

Anyway, new heralds, please ask away!  I was put into a branch herald job
and got to follow three years worth of inactive and incompetent people,
had no office library whatsoever (though there was one three years ago),
had no immediate predecessor to tell me squat (hadn't shown up for anything
in months), and was brand new to the branch (two months).  I've been there,
as have many others, and will help as best possible.

- - Teceangl
- --
Every field has its real experts and its three-book experts.  The
diference is that the real experts ask questions, and the three-book
experts make definitive statements.  -- Mike Morell