ANSTHRLD - ILoAR 0398

HL Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Thu May 14 08:08:40 PDT 1998

On Thu, 14 May 1998 01:53:06 -0700 (PDT), Teceangl
<tierna at agora.rdrop.com> wrote:

>> I don't understand this. Possibly because I can't find the word "delfs"
>> in my dictionary.
>
>Yes, I lurk on other kingdoms' heralds lists...
>
>A delf is a square.  It is sometimes classified with the billets.  A
>very rare thingy I'm amazed wasn't used more.

Ah, yes  #237 in the Pictorial Dictionary. Now I think I understand. If
Hugh had drawn a "thin line" square around each board it would then have
no longer been "thin line heraldry."

Larkin O'Kane     I will not purposly offend anyone in a public forum:
CSM, AoO          If this post offends you, please tell me privately.